Frame recall. for Gen 2

Caesar!

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have a 1997 GTS, and I've been reading up here and people talk about if a frame recall has been done?

What frame recall? How do I know if it's done? Is this covered by Chrysler?

Where do you check? The cars like 16yrs old... Wouldn't the Frame snap in half by now? LOL

OP
OP
C

Caesar!

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Steve-Indy Thank you brother!!

This is what it says... Does that mean it's okay???

Here are your results Acrobat Reader 4.0 or later is required to view
documents. Click here for free download. Down Load Acrobat Reader
VIN Number:
1B3ER69EX VV300606 Vehicle Description:
DODGE VIPER GTS TWO-DR COUPE Model Year:

No Incomplete Recalls or Customer Satisfaction Notifications Exist

NOTE:
Results returned represent unperformed or incomplete Recalls and Customer Satisfaction Notifications from information available at the time of your inquiry.

Zee

Viper Owner
Reaction score
anyone know of reputable dodge dealers that have done the recall in southern california?

OP
OP
C

Caesar!

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You should inspect the car for evidence of the work.

dave6666 Thanks for the insight. How would this look like?
Does this mean that Chrysler has recorded that my car was updated with the nesseccary recalls done for 998?

Steve-Indy...Is this site VIN: http://www.dodge.com/webselfservice/...m('R') a confirmation that Chrysler performed these updates?

I wish you guys were closer to me... I'd have you guys check it out to see if it's okay. I'd make you a dam coffee too while you looked! LOL

OP
OP
C

Caesar!

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just got off the phone with Chrysler Canada and they indicated to me the Frame recall #998 was completed on Oct 22, 2002 on my Vehicle.! Can't believe they were very helpful on the phone. Very nice.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Yes, Caesar...that means that the 998 was completed. The most frequent problem that I hinted toward and dave 6666 state...has to do with the steering rack repair with two large triangular plates. UNFORTUNATELY, some of the actual recall parts that were sent to dealers had were alleged to have the "right" vs. "left" plates MISLABELED...and some inexperienced (blind ??!!!) techs applied said plates as labeled...thus covering over the access to the oil filter!!! SAD but true!! Hence the need to get under any such Viper to be sure that the access to the oil filter is unobstructed. You should always get a car on a lift for an inspection...so this makes a good excuse to do so. Good hunting !!

OP
OP
C

Caesar!

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yes, Caesar...that means that the 998 was completed. The most frequent problem that I hinted toward and dave 6666 state...has to do with the steering rack repair with two large triangular plates. UNFORTUNATELY, some of the actual recall parts that were sent to dealers had were alleged to have the "right" vs. "left" plates MISLABELED...and some inexperienced (blind ??!!!) techs applied said plates as labeled...thus covering over the access to the oil filter!!! SAD but true!! Hence the need to get under any such Viper to be sure that the access to the oil filter is unobstructed. You should always get a car on a lift for an inspection...so this makes a good excuse to do so. Good hunting !!

Excellent recap my friend! I'll make sure the Oil filter access is unobstructed!

Sybil TF

Enthusiast
Reaction score
UNFORTUNATELY, some of the actual recall parts that were sent to dealers had were alleged to have the "right" vs. "left" plates MISLABELED...and some inexperienced (blind ??!!!) techs applied said plates as labeled...thus covering over the access to the oil filter!!! SAD but true!! Hence the need to get under any such Viper to be sure that the access to the oil filter is unobstructed. /QUOTE]

So true! I need to get mine re-done correctly!

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that Sybil TF. I would add that in my opinion, there are VERY FEW Techs in the USA with a depth of experience in the successful & satisfactory correction of the problem described above. Be cautious...and best of luck !!

eabrillon1978

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Checked my Vin and it said incomplete!! I always thought this recall was done, so I never looked into it. I purchased my car in October 2002. I don't really know how I didn't get any info on this recall.

Glad I checked the website out to verify!! Thanks for mentioning what to look for after they do the work to it.

Hopefully this dealership I'm going to take it to knows what they are doing.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
eabrillon1978, I would suggest that you check with your local VCA officers/memmbers for a proper referral BEFORE you pick a dealership.

SEASNAKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another good thing found due to cars driven at the track. At least originally, the issues were seen on car extensively tracked.

If you don't have the recall done as yet, you can look for cracks in the welds by where the recall plates are attached.

Sybil TF

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Git that man hunk on it. Or have BS99 do it while he watches. Car **** at TF's :D

I don't trust Dodge dealerships, where can I get a referral for the best one in my area?

PS: How are things on the other side?:D

Sybil TF

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You start with... telling us what area you are in or near.

PS: who... are you? :D

Good heaven's I figured you knew that by now. St. Louis, Mo. Actually Live right over the border in Illinois but the dealerships over here are not very good with service.

PS: Very funny.

AJ02

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good heaven's I figured you knew that by now. St. Louis, Mo. Actually Live right over the border in Illinois but the dealerships over here are not very good with service.

PS: Very funny.

What town in Illinois?? My daughter and granddaughter live in E. Alton. I lived in Alton for 10 years before moving to Tx. I was just up there in my Viper in May!

Sybil TF

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What town in Illinois?? My daughter and granddaughter live in E. Alton. I lived in Alton for 10 years before moving to Tx. I was just up there in my Viper in May!
Oh how I wish I could move to Texas!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dale04SS