Front Licence Plate Holder?

Derailhale

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a Gen 1 SRT/10 and live in Missouri. I need a front plate. In order to keep from putting holes in the fiberglass, it looks like the bracket behind the grill has two bolts on each side of the car. Can I use these to mount a custom bracket or does anyone know of a bracket that is made for a front plate?
Thanks for any help,
Derailhale

TexasViper35

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m a Gen III owner so I can’t answer your question directly. But there are clip on front plate holders made just for this (they are not Viper specific), if you Google. Another option is just to put it on the passenger side dashboard, ask a local cop if they will find that acceptable.

Brilly

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Get an LLC with address associated with it in a different state and Register the car there that doesn’t require front license plates. I hate states w front license plate requirements.

There should be a super car exemption.

Monopoly

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The prev owner of my Viper put it on with short Bungie cords. Then wrapped the plate in black tape. It looks kinda ghetto I think I'll go with that plate holder instead.
You must be registered for see images attach

Bryanm0002

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get an LLC with address associated with it in a different state and Register the car there that doesn’t require front license plates. I hate states w front license plate requirements.

There should be a super car exemption.
How do you do that. Any one can? Mine is currently registered in Ohio, but will move to Texas which requires it.

Brilly

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
How do you do that. Any one can? Mine is currently registered in Ohio, but will move to Texas which requires it.
You have to have someone set up a business account LLC for you with an address associated with it in that state. Here are the states that allow for non residents to register your car in that state:
  • Delaware
  • Indiana
  • Kentucky
  • Maine
  • Massachusetts
  • New York
  • North Dakota
  • Pennsylvania

VaderViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm pretty stoked about the holder from Viper parts rack!

Attachments

• IMG_6898.jpg
    IMG_6898.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 11

Monopoly

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ordered mine 2 weeks ago from partsrack hasn't been shipped yet. I live in Canada and they are a ways away from the Postal office. Hopefully it comes soon.

VaderViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ordered mine 2 weeks ago from partsrack hasn't been shipped yet. I live in Canada and they are a ways away from the Postal office. Hopefully it comes soon.
Mine was the same. Status never updated...it just showed up right when I emailed about it. Worth the wait IMO.

Monopoly

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine was the same. Status never updated...it just showed up right when I emailed about it. Worth the wait IMO.
Thanks for the update! Its being held on by 2 bungie cords, carboard and duct tape so theres no rubbing on the front fascia. Works but looks hideous.

TexasViper35

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Texas Viper Owner here, don’t sweat the front license plate, keep it in your trunk “just in case”. When I moved here 25 years ago I asked a police officer about the front plate law, he told me that a cop would only stop you for it if he genuinely wanted to harass you. It was a law without a monetary penalty for many years, but I think it has a money fine now. I don’t have a front plate on my car and never have had one. You’ll see many cars and trucks without them.

The Gen III came with a front license plate holder, it’s in the bag with the car cover. So you can get a MOPAR holder from your dealer if you like; drilling holes is required.

Last edited:

VaderViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Texas Viper Owner here, don’t sweat the front license plate, keep it in your trunk “just in case”. When I moved here 25 years ago I asked a police officer about the front plate law, he told me that a cop would only stop you for it if he genuinely wanted to harass you. It was a law without a monetary penalty for many years, but I think it has a money fine now. I don’t have a front plate on my car and never have had one. You’ll see many cars and trucks without them.

The Gen III came with a front license plate holder, it’s in the bag with the car cover. So you can get a MOPAR holder from your dealer if you like; drilling holes is required.
That cops personal opinion isn't reality. Cops of course will vary because they are people just like us. Most Definitely you will get pulled over for no front plate if a cop wants to pull you over for it. Some cops love to do that, some don't care because it's a Viper, so there is some truth to what he said. However it's not true for every situation, and I'd rather avoid the hassle altogether.