Frustrations getting better!! Thanks for the help!!!!

Nates GTS Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You all helped me out so much over the last couple of weeks with the vast amount of knowledge you all have with this car and with setups like mine. Im still having a few issues though that I wanted to ask you all about. I would have put it in my other thread but it was kinda long and when I posted the update on it noone either read it or didnt respond for whatever reason, so I decided to try another thread to see how it works. So hear is the updates to where I am today.

I had both my vec2 and vec3 checked out by roe racing and found that the main injectorboard was fried on the vec3 and that the harness was messed up. The vec2 also had a messed up wiring harness. So I had them fix the vec3 and make me 2 new harnesses. I now have the vec2 installed since the vec3 had to be sent out to get fixed.

The car now runs ok without the excessive fuel, and the without the smoke. The plug burn looks ok as well with no wet or fouled plugs.

The remaining issues are as such;

1) While driving normal the car does good but when accelerating easy the car has a little bit of rough running feeling until you get it up in the rpm's.

2) While accelerating full throttle the car does good with a slight hesitation while going from vacume to boost, but sometimes while accelerating the car will lose all boost with the gauge going down to 0 and loses power. Then if you get off the gas and back on the boost comes back. Would this have anthing to do with the blow off or surge valve not fuctioning properly. It doesnt do it every time but does it often, also doesnt matter what gear or speed but usually in the upper 4000-redline rpm's.

The ltft's are at -33.6 and the tps % is at 16 while the car is at idle. I have the vec 3 tuning software but not the vec 2 so i cant mess with the tuning and am running seans genaric 10psi tune. I would just like to know if this sounds like it could be solved with getting it tuned properly. Also I dont like the fact it loses the boost under full throttle like it does. I know its not the belt slipping because the tensioner and belt both are new and have no sighns of slippage. Thanks again for all your help with this. You all are one of the greatest resources for do it yourselfers like me.

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Voltage at idle on the TPS should be .96-.98v. Not sure what 16% equates to. Might want to look at that, though, as it can cause other issues.

Voltage range of the TPS is .96-98 through 3.96-3.98... roughly.

OP
OP
N

Nates GTS Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks I just think that the tps signal that my scanner is showing is how open the throttle is. If I put it to the floor it goes to 100% but it never goes to 0. Just wondering if thats about where it should be at idle.

BOTTLEFED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your TPS sounds pretty close to the reading I get at idle

I think a good tune will solve your problems. It will take some time, but you need to get out and just start making little changes and save all your previous tunes so you can go back if you get off in the wrong direction. There is a lot of good info in the tuning section that damn yankee posted - read it and then read it again.

On the loss of boost, I would check the vac. hose to it and make sure you have it connected properly. If you have it hooked up to the wrong side of the system, it will not read boost, only vacuum. Hopefully your diaphragm in the valve isn't split or have a hole in it.

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nate,

Have you found an engine builder for yourself yet? If not you need to start looking.

Driving a car hard that is so poorly tuned there can be only 1 result. Take the car to a tuner stop trying to blow it up, unless you really want to spend 10k on a rebuild.