Where to get 335/30r18 tires mounted

OleRed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have 18x13in acr rims and 335/30r18 tires which is the stock size but no one wants to touch them. Where does everyone get theirs mounted?

Steve M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where specifically in Illinois? Locals from your area might be able to help point you in the right direction.

Around here, we have a wheel repair service and some custom wheel dealers that don't have a problem with those sizes. There are some larger chain stores that claim they can do the work, but one of them ended up scratching the face of one of mine with a pry bar that slipped, so I've never gone back.

If you aren't in a hurry, a good place to ask around in person would be a nicely attended Cars & Coffee event (or something similar). There's usually some pretty serious hardware that shows up at the larger gatherings.

Bill W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Discount Tire does mine. They have stores in Illinois. Three tire changes over the years with no problems.

OP
OP
O

OleRed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
@Bill W, I have gone to 3 discount tires and none of them will touch it because their tire calculator says the 335/30r18 which is the stock acr tire size won’t fit on the stock acr rims.

TEALLIFE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
18" is small nowadays, so any decent place that has new machines should be fine. I try to stick to places that deal with higher end cars/wheels and tip the dude who will be installing them beforehand.

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, stay away from those discount chain stores. They work on the normal size tires for the masses. You need to find a tire shop that works on exotics. Anyone with a Ferrari, Lambo even Vette should have a list of shops that have specialty equipment to handle wide tires.

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OleRed, unless you live in a very rural area there are many shops that sell aftermarket wheels (and tires).

Someone said go to cars& coffee for references. I'll try and help, tell me what town are you in I point you to a good shop. Mike

nicholas8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just had a really good experience with a mobile tire change company. They came out to my house and change all my tires. It seems like (this franchise anyway) has the equipment to handle most tires sizes. The 355/30r19 tires was a non issue for them.
Looks like they have somebody in Chicago area. www.gomotires.com If your not in that area may be worth doing an online search for someone else if you have not explored this option yet.

MarkL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
@Bill W, I have gone to 3 discount tires and none of them will touch it because their tire calculator says the 335/30r18 which is the stock acr tire size won’t fit on the stock acr rims.
I had the same issue on my ‘99 ACR. Ordered from Tire Rack for install at Discount Tire. Their system threw a flag and said not permitted. They got a manager to override it when the actually started to look at the specs. I showed them continental’s website that showed the tire was made specifically for the Viper too.

Old School

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had the same issue on my ‘99 ACR. Ordered from Tire Rack for install at Discount Tire. Their system threw a flag and said not permitted. They got a manager to override it when the actually started to look at the specs. I showed them continental’s website that showed the tire was made specifically for the Viper too.
I've had this problem with many vehicles in the past. The solution that always works is bring the rims in loose, not on the car, then they always go ahead and mount the new tires.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala