Fuel leak !

Ratech

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Need some help. Fuel is leaking from the back right side. I filled up last night and came home. In the morning everything was ok, I did not drive the car today. When I came home in the afternoon there was about a gallon or so of gas on the floor. Is this coming from a break in the vent tube? When I keyed the car to activate the fuel pump the leak did not increase.

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fuel filler tube Grommet has been the most common problem on GENI's.
Grommet #5217578 MSRP $11.75 I kept them in stock, it's a phone call away. :cool:

Vipermed 97.01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you see fuel never do anything that may cause a spark. air+fuel+spark=****

Very good advise.By turning the ignition on you are activating electrical components.Your biggest fear is not the fuel on the ground but the fumes that will surround the car from the leak.You would actually be well advised to park the car outside(push)until leak resolved.better a dirty/wet viper than a crispy one.

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe someone can comment on the following. The shop manual makes a comment about the fuel system maintaining fuel pressure at some reduced value during the off state. Does that mean the pump cycles to maintain pressure. If that is correct, what would happen in the case of a leak in the outlet side of the pump?

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe someone can comment on the following. The shop manual makes a comment about the fuel system maintaining fuel pressure at some reduced value during the off state. Does that mean the pump cycles to maintain pressure. If that is correct, what would happen in the case of a leak in the outlet side of the pump?

This will happen with any car, they fuel pressure will drop slowly on cars with regulators and return lines. But since Vipers dont have return lines maybe the process to release the pressure takes a bit longer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kodiakleather