Fuel sending problems after upgrading

GreenWorm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A little background on my 1995 RT:
I pulled and freshened my motor with some new goodies and also installed a 10lb ROE. I retained my NX system so needed to upgrade my fuel system. I removed the stock fuel pump and sumped my factory fuel tank. Ran -10 to filter and A1000 fuel pump, up to a regulator and a -6 for a return plumbed back into the top of the tank. I took the hot and ground wire that went to the stock canister/pump and ran them to my step down box... after the tank installed found i didn't need the ground wire i extended to the step down. Car fired on first try and i set the base pressure to 55psi. After checking for leaks and all, I went to check the temp and found the fuel gauge on empty (i have 10 gallons of MS109 in tank at this point)! I do believe that there were three wires that were run to the stock canister. It looked like the sending unit/float itself only utilized one wire. I'm sure i didn't damage the float arm in any way.
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Everything else is flawless and my friend told me to just "keep it full". This isn't one of his crap-stangs! As inaccurate as they sometimes are, I'm not one to have a nice car without a working fuel gauge.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dale04SS