Fuel Tank Removal

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
call chuck tator of tators garage, he would know. im sure its not an easy one though

914-763-3136 ask for chuck

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
1. Locate nearest firearm.

2. Lock and load.

3. Insert business end in mouth.

4. Pull Trigger.

But in all seriousness, why do you need to remove the fuel tank? You will need to cut open the bulkhead panel and remove it through the trunk. It is a major headache and not for the faint of heart. If you need to replace your pump, clean the tank, etc... all of that can be done from the access panel under the carpet.

OP
OP
S

SidewinderGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
1. Locate nearest firearm.

2. Lock and load.

3. Insert business end in mouth.

4. Pull Trigger.

But in all seriousness, why do you need to remove the fuel tank? You will need to cut open the bulkhead panel and remove it through the trunk. It is a major headache and not for the faint of heart. If you need to replace your pump, clean the tank, etc... all of that can be done from the access panel under the carpet.

Replacing rear frame to much damage to pull.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
His car is a GTS, which I've always heard is much easier than a RT/10. I'm scared to ask, but whats your process for RT/10 tank removal? Drinking ******? :D

That goes for the fuel pump only, or things accessible through the module hole. The GTS's have a pump access panel, the RT's do not. For any actual fuel tank work, you will have to actually remove the tank on either model, which includes cutting the trunk panel, and then riveting on a closeout panel in its place to reinstall it.

PS- I suggest some type of a long drop with a fast stop to dull the pain of having to remove the fuel tank on an RT for a damn fuel pump. hahaha

RT/ED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Check out the Illustrated Upgrades - fuel filter replacement. Had to remove my gas tank in my Gen I RT/10 because the fuel line feeding the filter from the tank broke. Not a fun job! I spoke with Chuck Tator when I did mine who was extremley helpful (as always). He said the GT is tougher because there is not an access panel in the trunk. If I recall correctly, he said you will have to cut open an area large enough to remove the tank. You can order the RT/10 panel to patch the area you removed. Good luck!:omg: