Future Career Decisions..... i appreciate your responses

yellow02

Enthusiast
Reaction score
lets see where to start.... Well, being 18 and having an obsession w/ cars for as long as i can remember. I think i might want to pursure a career in the field. I am currently attending college working twards a management degree... and i should have around 40 credits after this year. However, i dont feel like im learning much right now, and i havent had much of an oppoornity to work hands on w/ cars. This leads me to the point of my post, should i attend a trade school, and if so which one. Im sure many of you have heard of wyotech from trucks or hp tv, or what not. However, im really lost in making a decision and i want to get into the best school i can. have any of you attended a trade school like wyotech? and what about you guys Levin or Heffners, what path did you take in life to get where you are now? ...this is really importnat to me, so i appreciate any help you have to offer.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Call Levin and tell him you want a chance. He is always backed up with Viper work. Do everything he tells you just the way he shows you. We take our Vipers to Levin for Levin's expertise not his mechanic's.

Good luck.

S

sachin

Do you want to be in the hands-on area of the auto industry? If not maybe look towards auto management or marketing. I was doing a regular business degree until a new degree program opened up in Automotive Management (only one in Canada). I believe Northwood University in Michigan offers the same program. Just a suggestion :)

ChoiceViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Dan Cragin at DC Performance was looking for a mechanics apprentice a few weeks ago.
I'm not sure if he found someone yet.

Of course you would have to move to the left coast. Today it's 65 degrees with partially cloudy skies. :cool:
I think I'll go blast around for a few hours! :2tu: (Sorry, couldn't resist)

OP
OP
Y

yellow02

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1st, thansk for the replys, as for working w/ a tuner, its def something i would love to do. working under someone who really knows what there doing without even going through formal training would be nice, but up until now i havent been given a chance. I dont have any close relatives or friends that are mechanics or have any good facilities. As far as what aspect of automobiles i want to end up working with, its up in the air. I am basically trying to get some wrench time in, and learn the basics before moving ahead. Who knows i might end up really liking collision type work, or modifying engines, or even continue management. As for moving to the west coast, im sure there are a lot more openings for the afermarket world. Moving out of western NY might not be totally out of the question, but i would like to have an education and plan before i moved. oh yea... and ur a bastard! haha jk, i dont think my viper would make it to far out of the driveway seeing how its in the single didgets here. The only positive is that im not putting miles on it, cause im really good at that :) -thanks a lot guys your adive means a lot... keep it comming! and wyotech..... something to look into? ... or keep working on my degree? thanks again

Prfgdwrnch

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yellow,
It's great to see enthusiastic young people who are interested in the trade. Your best bet is to get training offered by the pros. OJT is kind of hit or miss. Check with DC or your local dealer. They should be able to direct you to a CAPS program. CAPS, a DC specific program, is usually offered at two year colleges . You earn college credits and have a two year degree after completing the program as well as DC certification.
Ford, GM, and Toyota all have similar programs. All involve work/study.
Hope you decide to sign up.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala