G - force?

phiebert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Watched a show on G-force created by roller coasters. Just out of curiosity does anyone know what kind of G-force factor is produced by a Viper that can do 60 ft in 1.5 seconds? I'm not talking about cornering force, I mean sit you back in your seat force. For example, the space shuttle taking off creates 2.5 G's for the astronauts. Some of the roller coasters were over 4 G's. I guess there is a formula for this (distance/time from dead stop = G's?) but I don't know it.

Double Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The "Double Venom", if you are not familiar with it, is our special S/C Cobra reproductions using the GTS drivetrain. With MT/ET tires, it does a 1.5 60'. With a "G" meter in place it resulted in a 1.83 G. That was before suspension tuning, etc. I'm sure it now pulls at least a "2". Enough at least to use a helmet chin strap, you know, from the front of the helmet to the waist belt!
You must be registered for see images

DV

RockStar

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I remember correctly, the GenI engine pulled .91 on an acceleration pad, and the GenII pulled .99 bone stock, and I'm not sure what other variables were involved. Hope this helps.

Double Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Big Jim,
YES, we have! My but that was ugly! We now have pulled the straight axle out all together and have gone with a new independant rear end. Still testing. Will let you know the results, and hopefully this one will hold together.
DV

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liberty235