Gas for your VIPER: [******] or NOT?

TOOOFST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most of the pumps around here have gone to the
electronic push button choice of octane:87,91,93
How many of you have wondered if its all the same
down there!I've never tried 87 or 91 even.
:crazy:

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The more costly gas gets, the more likely that the guy before you will be pumping regular. Which means that you receive at least a hose length of regular every time you fill your tank! That ticks me off. :mad:

roofum

Enthusiast
Reaction score
no dont even say that the arabs station owners would never do that :shocked: .when we were kiDs my buddie used to work at a station on chicago ave across fron CPD.the nite before a delivery of fuel whould come in he would fill his cars and truck .then replace the fuel with water so it would even out on paper ..so ya never know.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've only put 93 in my tank as well. I filled up at Enmark today for $2.86/gallon for 93 octane. Every other gas station in town is $3.05+ for premium. I figured I better go on and gas up before they noticed they were $.020/gal cheaper than everyone and raise their prices as well.

twinturbo3150

Enthusiast
Reaction score
good question, also have you ever wondered if the gas you are pumping is really the price it says it is. Ever since reading in the paper about gas stations ripping off consumers. I pump just enough gas to verify the price before filling, so far so good. The paper said that some stations were actually 1 to 2 dollars more a gallon. But the average person pulls in, stick's the gas nozzle in the filler and fills up and dosent check the actuall price. I did the same thing. But I check the price on every fill up.

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The more costly gas gets, the more likely that the guy before you will be pumping regular. Which means that you receive at least a hose length of regular every time you fill your tank! That ticks me off. :mad:
It doesn't worry me at all. I've filled up on 87 with octane booster in remote places in AZ/NM/UT. If it ticks you off so much, carry one of those 1 gallon fuel jugs and fill it up first. Then donate it to me at our next meet. :D

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guys are lucky your not in SoCal. Gas is insane here...and we don't even have 93 anymore.

True, and we have the So Cal gas supply here in Las Vegas so we don't get 93 either. :mad:

OP
OP
T

TOOOFST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry about the question,cause were all on our knee's at
the pumps.
?,ya'll Ca,Vegas people have or notice issues with 91 octane.My Range Rover needs 93
It is what it is,who said that anyway!
peace

Yellow32

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you CA/West Coast folks would allow crude production to resume in the Pacific your costs would go down because the crude would not be shipped in from so far away...and you'd "own" the crude...just a thought

of course, the Califorians are working on this:

http://www.fossil.energy.gov/news/techlines/2006/06017-Tidelands_Project_Revives_Oilfield.html

similar:

http://petrochemical.ihs.com/news-06Q1/doe-eor-oil-recovery.jsp

history:

http://www-geology.ucdavis.edu/~cowen/~GEL115/115CHXXsubsidence.html

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

1998 Summary of Pacific Coast reserves (43pages or so):

http://www.mms.gov/omm/pacific/offshore/oil-gaspdfs/2000-063.pdf

-J

Yellow32

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry about the question,cause were all on our knee's at
the pumps.
?,ya'll Ca,Vegas people have or notice issues with 91 octane.My Range Rover needs 93
It is what it is,who said that anyway!
peace

The max I think is 91 out there because of air pollution concerns that come along with higher octane fuel.

Here's a nice write up on California's liquid fuel situation:

http://www.nrdc.org/air/transportation/calfuel/calfuel.pdf

-J

santo

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Most gas pumps up here have a regular/mid-grade/high-grade pump and a dedicated high-grade pump per unit. I always use the high-grade pump and don't think I need to worry about what's in the hose. Then again, who knows how they really work :)

Santo

Detlef

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know of one Viper owner that runs 87 for just cruising and 91 for track days. We're at 5000 feet which apparently makes a difference.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456