gas gauge reading right?

LethalBite

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, I've been in this snake for almost a month, and yes...I know we don't get the best mileage. What bothers me is, everytime the needle hits 0 on my fuel gauge, I can only get in about 13-13.5 gallons. So I have 5-6 gallons left in my tank when it hits zero?? Still waiting on my owner's manual to arrive from dealer, so I don't have any other documentation to peruse. Anyone else having similar problem?

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i have owned two RT's '01 and '02 and when the gas gauge was on or near E there was w/ approx. four gals. left in the tank. At 10-13 mpg this is a 40-50 mile reserve.

KenH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gas light? Must be one of those new fangled SRT10 gadgets. My '01 GTS doesn't have a low fuel light that I know of. On mine, when the gauge hits zero the tank has about 2 gallons left in it.

--- Ken

S

SUN RA KAT

I was on E a few days ago and I put in 14.5 gallons to fill it up. I didn't have a low fuel light come on, either.

Wild Bill

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm glad somebody posted this, I have the same thing with mine. Gauge just above 'E' but would only take 13-14 gallons in a 20 gal. tank-I'm afraid to let it get to low-it would be a b*tch to push.

B

BruceW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Same thing here. When I fill it the needle doesn't get to the full mark and on empy it still has 4 or 5 gallons left. I don't think there is an adjustment potentiometer on the gauge, a tech told me you have to adjust or replace the sending unit in the tank.

KERS-VPR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
:) Coming back from the Wizzard's BBQ I had 297 miles since last fill up and no light. However I figured I was running on fumes, filled up and it took only 12.5 gals. Pretty hard to believe, now here's the kicker. Total miles up and back to the BBQ 547. Had the car over 125 mph at least 15 times or more and I average 19.5 mpg. Most fun I had since buying the car and no tickets.