Gen 1 fan wiring

ILLKing

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hello guys, I want to go ahead and run a manual fan switch. Would anyone know what wire off of the fan to tap into in order to toggle on and off the highspeed setting with my switch?

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have a good look though the schematics in your book is my advise.

I'm currently looking for my notes on this little mod. The 'mystery' switch now offers me a manual 'fan on' toggle that buys me time if things are running hot. When I find it I'll post the drawing. Basically it's a ignition switched ckt. that allows you to turn on the rad. fan early and helps a bit on those really hot days (perhaps). This is not a cure if there's a problem with your car but if you know it's hot and you're sittin' in traffic.....you can get the fan running right away.

PM sent-

RT/ED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Consider going with the Roe Racing fan switch instead. This mod allows you the ability to have the fan automatically come on at at "your" desired temp. It also cycles after you shut off the car and prevents heat soak........and "NO", it does not drain the battery. I have mine set to come on at 205 degrees and it works like a champ, automatically shuts off at around 190 degrees. No fogeting to turn on or off. One of the best mods you can make to your Viper.:2tu:

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
^ This is the way to go.

I did what I did a long time ago... I don't know if that kit was available then because I didn't follow the forums in those days. I suspect dave6666 has the best solution..... use the search function. He had a pretty good write up with pics and schematics as I recall.