GEN 1 Supercharger kits know available!

Daniel Cragin/DC Performance Inc

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We just finished testing the first Paxton Gen 1 production supercharger system with great results. This intercooled system is just like the Gen 2 system except for a better air intake and larger fuel injectors. Results on this Gen 1 was an increase of 158rwhp and 102ftpds torque!

Test done on Dynojet 224 rear wheel dyno:

Baseline: 370hp 441trq

Paxton: 528hp 543trq

We are taking orders, giving under retail pricing, and every kit we sell comes with our Tech assistance.

Dan Cragin
DC Performance Inc
310-841-6996

Built 2 Go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dan Cragin is giving you the results of my 93 Gen I, so I thought I would chime in.

The results that Dan has reflected are the results "BEFORE" Paxton redesigned the air inlet. The results after the new Paxton cool air inlet are 541 rwhp & 563 rwtrq on Dan Cragin's Dyno. Hopefully Dan will post the Dyno sheet.

The new air inlet is just "Outstanding". From the Nova 2000 Supercharger, the air inlet protrudes forward over the radiator and slightly curves down and is about an half inch from the facia. The filter is one piece and measures 16" long and 61/2" wide. The air it is receiving (lots) is from the outside.

Paxton just put the installation manual on line and it has an excellent picture of the new air inlet and other things that might be of interest. Great design and fits perfectly and... the Viper loves that freah clean air.
www.paxtonauto.com/downloads.html

The before and after feeling of driving this vintage 93 Gen I is "Unbelievable". It's like I just purchased a new 2006 GenIII-500 "PLUS HP".

I no longer fear a new ZO6 Corvette or Ford GT or etc...pulling along side me and leaving my 12 year old Viper in their exhaust fumes. No Viper owner wants that experience, especially old snakes like myself who were the Top Snakes back in the early 90's and until recently. I have owned this Viper since 1994. The most Exoctic looking car in this World, plus one of the most Powerful.

Bottomline...What a difference, the MAGIC of a Paxton Supercharger has turned this vintage Viper into..."FEAR THIS"!!!. Unbelievable Power and Torque. The 93 handles the extra Power & Torque with no problem. (Paxton added the needed Fountain of Youth to this old Snake).

I also noticed a very nice improvement in drivability, not having to shift as much at lower speed and street driving. The power in 5th gear is astonishing. I guess it's due to more gas flowing (Gen II injectors and the increased HP/TORQUE).

Gentlemen, I highly recommend a Supercharger, best thing since sliced bread. I have had not one problem or concern since the project was completed and I run it very hard, as most of you probably do.

The boost is a very moderate 8lb...enough for me.

Dan, thanks for always being there for me over the past 12 years. Gentlemen, this man (Dan) is a genius when it comes to Viper performance and the service is always 5 Diamond.

If you are thinking of doing a Supercharger, stop thinking and do it! You will be very-very happy!!! If it is set up properly by a Excellent Viper Tuner you won't have a problem. Dan is the best in Southern Calif in my opinion. He does things right the 1st time and correctly. Experience...50 plus Supercharger installs.

I just switched over to 800 HP Half shafts and run 355 Gears. I would not go back to 307 gears. Love the feeling of shifting and being pulled-yanked-pounded back into the seat, 355 gears are for me. Everyone has a different opinion.

What a ride...get a Supercharger!!! Triple E-ticket at Disneyland. Don't leave home without it. You just don't know whats lurking out there.

John
Built 2 Go

carguy07

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What sold you on the Paxton over the Roe? What are you running for an exhaust system? Are your heads and head gaskets (newer ones of course) stock? Any hint of pricing? Thanks.

Built 2 Go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In Answer to the previous post (carguy07)

Why I used Paxton: I was asked by Paxton if they could use my 93 Snake for building their prototype. Both system, Paxton and Roe are Excellent. Lots of previous posts have the pro's and con's, bells and whistles on each system. My Viper tuner prefers Paxton and I went with his recommendation when asked by Paxton The system for my Viper was not free as many people may think.

Exhaust: I have a old Edelbrock Header system.

New head gaskets: The new type gaskets were put in 5 years ago.

Paxton system cost for Gen I: 7,397 For satin finish and 7,795 for highly polished finish. Labor to install: depends on each Tuner and what extra's you might want.

Take care...and Best of everything if you go to Supercharging.

Built 2 Go

Joel

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Built, have you any photos you could put up or email. I am particularly interested in the airbox assembly ?

Thanks
Joel
PS, glad you agree, Dan and the guys at DC Performance are a great team.

Built 2 Go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Joel,

Please click on Paxton/download... (look for dark black), my previous post. You will be taken directly to the Paxton installation download. There is an excellent picture of the newly designed air inlet/box plus everything else about components.

Best of everything to you... out there in Ireland

Joel

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Built, already checked the Paxton site and the airbox looks good, but hoping for a few more shots to get a better feel for the fit of it, since I will be fitting it to a GTS with a modded rad location. Also will probably have to delete the NACA duct, which isnt a prob, but I'd prefer not to cut the locating tabs off the hood inner.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery