Gen-2 Viper for Shorter guys?

Challengeu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys and gals. My "attainable" dream car is a Gen-2 GTS. I recently ran across a reference to the Vipers not being so good for shorter guys? I'm 5'6". Any issues, or modifications that would need to be made?

Thanks in advance!

chorps

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No problem. My buddy is 5'6" and he has a Gen2 FE. I've driven it (same height as him) with no problems. I'm thinking the Vipers were originally designed for guys who are 5'7" or 5'8".

Sainthitch

Viper Owner
Reaction score
ya they were definitely make for shorter guys. I'm 6'1 and i had to put a 2 inch lowering kit in to have the seat sit where it should for me. You will be more then fine.

OP
OP
C

Challengeu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alright guys, thanks for the responses, my mind and vertically challenged body are at ease!

tbsviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Faggatabout it. You'll feel 6'2 when driving a viper! Seriously, taller people seem to have more problem. With seat back adjustment you should be fine.

troublemaker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm 5'10" and it fits perfect for me, I still even move the pedals up a bit so i can leave my seat further back.

This I completely agree with. I like some space in between me and the steering wheel. If my arms aren't at the proper angle I never feel comfortable in a car. I guess you have to make sure the car fits you, but still make sure you fit the car. The only pedal that really needed to be up higher was the clutch, but I believe they all move together.

Viper98912

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This I completely agree with. I like some space in between me and the steering wheel. If my arms aren't at the proper angle I never feel comfortable in a car. I guess you have to make sure the car fits you, but still make sure you fit the car. The only pedal that really needed to be up higher was the clutch, but I believe they all move together.

5'10" and exactly the same for me. Especially with the long clutch throw.

Wedge500

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think the problem is more with taller people.

I am 5'9" and I fit very well in my GTS. The only thing I do not love is the gas pedal position but that's only an issue on long trips and even that is just being nit picky.

I think at 5'6" you will feel very comfortable in the car, the seat is very adjustable and the pedals are also adjustable.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liberty235