Gen 3/4 Lamin-X Headlight Protectant Group Buy

Reaction score
We've been a proud distributor for Lamin-X for more than 3 years and with the recent posts about people wanting to pick up a set, I thought I'd throw together a group buy for forum members and save everyone ~ 20%...

Lamin-X is a high quality lens protection film that is an easy DIY install and protects your headlight lenses from rock pitting, chipping and even cracking. GREAT for those that get some track time especially.

We'll allow this pricing to run for 2 weeks and will placing the order for all of the sets on March 23rd. Shouldn't take more than 2 weeks (so you'd likely be seeing these 2nd week in April).

If you're interested in a colored set (yellow, tint, gunsmoke, or blue), those are available too :headbang:

Through the group buy, the price will be $50 + true cost of shipping.

OP
OP
B
Reaction score
What's the difference between tint and gunsmoke?

These are gunsmoke I believe:

3241d1236638590-lamin-x-tinted-headlights-my-orange-acr-acr_sun.jpg

They seem less-dark in the shade:
3238d1236528238-lamin-x-tinted-headlights-my-orange-acr-acr-headlights.jpg

"Tint" wouldn't be quite as dark... I'll see if I can get a sample.

Black Adder

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How "easy" is a DIY install?
How much for a clear set for a 2006?
Regards
Tony

OP
OP
B
Reaction score
How "easy" is a DIY install?
How much for a clear set for a 2006?
Regards
Tony

Tony,

I've never personally done an install on these things but the only people that I hear having trouble installing these things are people that do them in undesirable environments. You're basically forming a film to your headlight (which has a curve) so if you're doing that in freezing temperatures, it will be harder to "mold". The kit includes a squeegee and instructions.

My helpful hint: If you use a very mild hairdryer (for heat), it will make the film a little easier to bend and shape.

Black Adder

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It might just be me. I have done a couple in the past on other cars and always ended up with creases/wrinkles around the outside edges of a convex compound shape like the Viper lights.
I live in CA so temp is not an issue and I've used a hairdryer/heat gun
Regards
Tony

YLW DRM2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does the set come with fog light protection also??
I would be interested to know answer to that question too.

Also, can anyone comment on how much night drive light one will loose with either gunsmoke or tint?

OP
OP
B
Reaction score
I would be interested to know answer to that question too.

Also, can anyone comment on how much night drive light one will loose with either gunsmoke or tint?

I'm waiting to get a firm confirmation from Lamin-X HQ; their website is somewhat confusing.

With a Gen3/4 with the HID headlights, you shouldn't notice too much of a difference. It'll definitely have an effect though, so if you're doing a lot of driving where lighting is a safety issue, I'd say to stay away from it...

YLW DRM2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm waiting to get a firm confirmation from Lamin-X HQ; their website is somewhat confusing.

With a Gen3/4 with the HID headlights, you shouldn't notice too much of a difference. It'll definitely have an effect though, so if you're doing a lot of driving where lighting is a safety issue, I'd say to stay away from it...
Well, can't say that I live in the village area without night lite on the street :). Since we are loosing some of the brightness wouldn't it make sense to upgrade to the brighter light bulb? Ebay sells 7K extra white bulbs for 15 bucks pair: eBay Motors: Xenon HID Headlight 01 02 03 04 Dodge Viper 9006 (item 170287023516 end time Mar-12-09 22:18:53 PDT)
Is it hard to change the light bulb?

Also Brandon, can you give us group buy price for the rear stop lights and back up lights as well?

CarDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, can't say that I live in the village area without night lite on the street :). Since we are loosing some of the brightness wouldn't it make sense to upgrade to the brighter light bulb? Ebay sells 7K extra white bulbs for 15 bucks pair: eBay Motors: Xenon HID Headlight 01 02 03 04 Dodge Viper 9006 (item 170287023516 end time Mar-12-09 22:18:53 PDT)
Is it hard to change the light bulb?

Also Brandon, can you give us group buy price for the rear stop lights and back up lights as well?

Funny you should ask for the tail lights as I called and sent a message to Lamin-X to see if they could come up with a kit for the Coupe since the tail lights are partially covered. If someone had a set of tail lights (that are not in the car) it would probably help.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang