Gen II fog lights

AJ02

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Were the foglights for a Gen II used in any other car? I'm about to pull the front fascia to get it repaired from the blown out truck tire I hit and both my foglight lenses are cracked. Good time to take care of them, I just have a hard time justifying $400 for two little light assys. I know the Gen III lights are half the price, but it looks like the mounting brkts are different?

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One of my foglights has a cracked cover. Looking for something reasonable myself. I dont believe the lens is sold seperately. Not a big deal but eventually I want to fix the foglight.

OP
OP
A

AJ02

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So far, the cheapest I have found new ones is $173.00 each. That ***** as the Gen III ones are only $95.00 each.

Jance GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brackets and mounting locations are the same for the Gen 3's. You will have to cut and splice your harness to make them work since they are a different bulb, but well worth the trouble for the upgrade!!!

You must be registered for see images attach

Indy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you don't use your fog lights too often, you could also get rid of them altogether and put some brake cooling ducts there instead. Probably the same price, if not a lot cheaper if you fab your own system.

Jeebs

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Im also following this because I'd like to put fogs in my acr and im not spending $400 on two fog lights that are 3.5" big. There has to be a cross part number.
The vw thing sounds interesting.

OP
OP
A

AJ02

Enthusiast
Reaction score

They might still be available over there, but I've been all over the net and called the local VW/Audi dealer and found that the lights were for a 1982-1990 VW Polo and are discontinued. Audi dealer couldn't find the part #s. I can't find them on the Hella website either. I guess I'll just go for the Gen III lights and splice the harness.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang