GEN IV Hood question

mopower

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have an '06 SRT Coupe and am thinking about a Gen IV hood. There are 3 that I know of,factory replacemnt which are on backorder,Vipair, and the carbon fiber Seibon that was on e-bay. What is the difference in scoop height and vent placement compared to the factory Gen IV?

Last edited:

intense5.5

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I keep looking at the Seibons on ebay too.I like the look but I don't want to use the corner locking latches they require.

intense5.5

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nope,FAQ #5 direct from Seibons' website states that they are required.
Seibon Carbon
I'm not going to risk it and I've searched here and can't find anyone who is using one.

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a vipair, the raised cowl is a bit higher which also makes for a bit more agressive air intake duct on the nose. In pics I was a little afraid it might be too high, now that I have it it was exactly what I hoped for, a little more agression but not too much, I like the look a lot. It's not a 'factory fit' but it's pretty darn good for aftermarket.

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went with an OEM on my 06. Fits perfectly. Kind of a pain to get the stripes matched up since the 06 stripes are wider than 08/09. If you don't have stripes then much easier. Mine was used off of an orange ACR. Got it from JonB. Chris Barone from Chris' collision in East Orange NJ did the paint work. I'm pulling the blower right now or I would post pics.