Gen V forum posting vitriol discourages SRT/Dodge participation

lawdogg149

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Im from the corvette world and I thought it was bad over there. Since selling my C7 for a profit I bought a Gen V viper because of the price. $127,000 stickered car for $95,000 was a deal for me. Well there are a lot of differences in the two cars. Seems after reading articles from both viper forums some of you guys need to try out the new C7. It offers what many on here are asking for. Again I am giving a outsider view. I however love my viper. This car will make one hell of a track car once I get some better brakes on it. I have been fortunate enough to have owned at least every brand sports car out there. This is my first viper and I am really beginning to enjoy it. Its a track car is what I have to keep telling my self. Its loud, stiff, flashy, and hot. Sorry I know this isn't the place to review the car but again as a outsider just coming into the viper family I feel many of you need to go buy a corvette C7. Its a great car for a great price.

Rapid Transit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
lawdogg149,
I recognize you from the Corvette forum. I'm a car enthusiast, and love both Vette and Viper. I'm considering either the C7Z or Gen V for my next car. It saddens me to see the Viper gasping for air wrt sales figures, and likely its survival as well. On a lighter note, what do you think the response will be once the Viper faithfuls read your post? I've been lurking here for a loooong time, just to learn about the Viper, and can pretty much guarantee you the responses will be overwhelmingly negative towards your suggestion to get a C7. Here's what you can expect "The Vette is not a consideration, too common, not in the same class as the Viper, bad Chevy quality, too slow, and most importantly, doesn't get enough looks.":)

Im from the corvette world and I thought it was bad over there. Since selling my C7 for a profit I bought a Gen V viper because of the price. $127,000 stickered car for $95,000 was a deal for me. Well there are a lot of differences in the two cars. Seems after reading articles from both viper forums some of you guys need to try out the new C7. It offers what many on here are asking for. Again I am giving a outsider view. I however love my viper. This car will make one hell of a track car once I get some better brakes on it. I have been fortunate enough to have owned at least every brand sports car out there. This is my first viper and I am really beginning to enjoy it. Its a track car is what I have to keep telling my self. Its loud, stiff, flashy, and hot. Sorry I know this isn't the place to review the car but again as a outsider just coming into the viper family I feel many of you need to go buy a corvette C7. Its a great car for a great price.

Last edited:

lawdogg149

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yea Im sure those are comments are coming based on my reading and being a member on here for the past few weeks. Well if dodge wants this car to live they need to forget the faithful few that want this and want that and didn't even buy the car when it came out in 2013. Im not bashing the elite few but this car is incredible and dodge now knows they need to change the way they do business or shut it down. I love both cars and car rightly comment on both since I have owned both. I will have the viper on the track in November and will report what it was like as I did with the C7. I understand marketing and sales since Im the CEO of a large corporation. Its time dodge listen to the first time buyers of these cars and recreate the brand. I can handle all the bashing that is to come.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21