Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
W

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I disagree with you Wanted. But out of curiosity what do you think GEN 4s, 3s, 2s and 1s will sell for if Gen 5s are going to be had for 50k?

good question and have no problem disagreeing with me on the resale value of the gen v. don't see the tanking of the gen v hurting the values of prior gens, if anything I see it helping them. IMHO :D the best viper holding its value is the gen IV ACR. The gen v is the pink elephant of all vipers ever built, poor marketing, poor reviews and little to no demand from the general public. Its crystal clear the gen V is only $22,100 away from selling at $59,900 with a dealer offering to buy a used 2000 mile plus gen v at 82k plus, this as of june 14, 2014. it is what it is. I could care less about being flamed on this as I feel what I have stated is justified. One thing that might come from this post is that the general public might begin to purchase a gen v, knowing whats its worth.

OP
OP
W

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm so upset, that I added a Corsa catback to the car today. I also am so upset, that I've put nearly 16K miles on the car in a year, enjoying it. While keyboard commandos like yourself only dream about driving one. Boo hoo! I'm sooooooo upset.

Losing $20K in a year isn't going to break me. Count on it. I might buy another one, just for the hell of it?

at least wait this time before pulling the trigger before at the least oct 1, 2014 or better yet jan 1, 2015. you can send me a gift card for your savings, I really like ruth chris steakhouse :D

OP
OP
W

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wanted,

"Grammer" is spelled "Grammar".

"It is what it is" - an overused expression but meant to describe reality in a nutshell. You're having a little trouble with that. Just because there was an exception doesn't make it the rule as many here are trying to point out. You are still speculating which is different from "it is what it is".

Buying at a "steal" can be a short-lived victory. The dealer and manufacturer won't be supporting that car soon if it dies in the market. They should be rewarded, not punished, for putting out a great product although a little overpriced IMHO. (just a ittle - nowhere near the ridiculousness you're trying to perpetuate)

Don't resent getting attacked - you earned it with your gloating about an unfortunate situation that you're trying to make more unfortunate with your chicken little crap.

Grammar -got it - thank you:D

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
good question and have no problem disagreeing with me on the resale value of the gen v. don't see the tanking of the gen v hurting the values of prior gens, if anything I see it helping them. IMHO :D the best viper holding its value is the gen IV ACR. The gen v is the pink elephant of all vipers ever built, poor marketing, poor reviews and little to no demand from the general public. Its crystal clear the gen V is only $22,100 away from selling at $59,900 with a dealer offering to buy a used 2000 mile plus gen v at 82k plus, this as of june 14, 2014. it is what it is. I could care less about being flamed on this as I feel what I have stated is justified. One thing that might come from this post is that the general public might begin to purchase a gen v, knowing whats its worth.

lmao. That is great.

OP
OP
W

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
june 16, 2014 - $22,100 and counting away for a gen v to sell at or below $59,900 , low miles perfect condition! flame on.

OP
OP
W

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wanted, you remind me of guys that said before the G5 came out, "if I can get one at sticker I can flip it for $10K more" They didn't know the viper market and I don't think you do either. (But I really don't think you believe the prices you posted , instead you've got an axe to grind or are just seeking attentiton).

If you do beleive this is where the market is headed, then I've got a proposal for you. I'll buy a forward contract from you for 5 used G5's at $50K in January '15 and I'll pay you $5K a car now for the option. ('13's or '14's any model, any color, no salvage and under 10K miles) Send me a pm and we can discuss legal agreements. thanks, Mike

sent you a pm, guess your having second thoughts on this, im in for the contract.:D waiting for your reply:eater:

OP
OP
W

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You've changed your story.

A single Gen V selling below $60 isn't anything. You've been talking averages

A single Gen V selling below $60 isn't anything. so you agree its going to happen?

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the base srt 2013 will be selling at 50k plus before oct 1, 2014 - it is what it is

You didn't say "a base" you said "the base" which is indicative of all cars.

You are being openly mocked by everyone because everyone knows you've been talking about the average price for a Gen V the entire time.

No one here has said it can't happen that a single car goes for $59,999 - because golly someone may need to free up $60,000 in a day.

OP
OP
W

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You didn't say "a base" you said "the base" which is indicative of all cars.

You are being openly mocked by everyone because everyone knows you've been talking about the average price for a Gen V the entire time.

No one here has said it can't happen that a single car goes for $59,999 - because golly someone may need to free up $60,000 in a day.

lol, as bill clinton stated ( define , is )

IS WHAT IT IS

BigDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You won't see a no stories Gen V below $65k -$70k for a LONG time. There are way too many buyers in that price point for it to drop past it. I see them staying in the 80s for quite a while.

OP
OP
W

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You won't see a no stories Gen V below $65k -$70k for a LONG time. There are way too many buyers in that price point for it to drop past it. I see them staying in the 80s for quite a while.

really ? :D, you in the market just might be able to find one for ya.

OP
OP
W

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I didn't think it was possible for this thread to get worse.

Basic English skills are important to convey a message.

message is crystal clear gen v's will be selling in the 50k range very soon and more then one. How is that for basic english skills for ya?

want to talk about basic english and grammar start a new post. i would be happy to have your input.

want to talk about commen sense , call me! , you would be happy to have mine.

im not the one crying about the value of my car and trying to defend it, you made a bad buying decision which you just need to live with. i'm telling you call that dealer offering 82k for a used gen v and sell it. Then go back in jan 1,2015 and buy it back for at the worst $59,900 and get your rebate. you will feel much better at that point. dont forget to send me a gift card to ruth chris for my advice and savings to you.

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
really ? :D, you in the market just might be able to find one for ya.

If you have some gen5's you know of in that price range "below 65-70K", can you PM me details. I'd like to take a look, only reason I haven't bought a while back is due to headroom for my 6'4" frame, but if you have leads on non-molested gen5s in the low $60's like you say then I'd be very interested, I would go to a pretty good local upholstery shop and check on possibilities for modifying the drivers seat cushion / bottom to get an extra inch or so ... it'd be worth it at that price to mod it s needed.

Thanks.

OP
OP
W

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you have some gen5's you know of in that price range "below 65-70K", can you PM me details. I'd like to take a look, only reason I haven't bought a while back is due to headroom for my 6'4" frame, but if you have leads on non-molested gen5s in the low $60's like you say then I'd be very interested, I would go to a pretty good local upholstery shop and check on possibilities for modifying the drivers seat cushion / bottom to get an extra inch or so ... it'd be worth it at that price to mod it s needed.

Thanks.

tell me where did i ever say i had that??????????? , however i do think i could find you one. pm me if your really interested and willing to buy asap. we will post your purchase showing the contract with you driving the gen v away at the max $59,900 , you ready?

05Commemorative

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was a very good question, but the answer really does not make any logical sense. This is simply a history problem. Just look at all prior gens and watch what their values did to get an idea of what is going to happen. The same thing has happened for all and remember the last Gen4's also had heavy discounts and look at their values now. Marketing, reviews, etc had nothing to do with it as it was never good.

If you kept the discussion to the facts, you would list the following:
1) more 2013 GenV's have sold than 2010 gen4's. actually, getting close to more Gen5's being sold than all of Gen4's.
2) vipers have never been marketed well or reviewed well
3) Gen 5's are a substantially better car than prior models.
4) Gen4's run for 60-85k, gen 3 run for 40-55k, gen 2 run for 30-45k, etc. Sure, special editions sometimes run hire and high mileage cars run lower, but it is the facts of the market.

To suggest Gen5's will run for less than Gen4's in the used market is crazy and the data even shows it to be true.

So, just do a quick history lesson on pricing and you will quickly find the best info for predicting the future. No Pink Elephant, just facts and history repeating itself.

OP
OP
W

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was a very good question, but the answer really does not make any logical sense. This is simply a history problem. Just look at all prior gens and watch what their values did to get an idea of what is going to happen. The same thing has happened for all and remember the last Gen4's also had heavy discounts and look at their values now. Marketing, reviews, etc had nothing to do with it as it was never good.

1) more 2013 GenV's have sold than 2010 gen4's. actually, getting close to more Gen5's being sold than all of Gen4's.
4) Gen4's run for 60-85k, gen 3 run for 40-55k, gen 2 run for 30-45k, etc. Sure, special editions sometimes run hire and high mileage cars run lower, but it is the facts of the market.

To suggest Gen5's will run for less than Gen4's in the used market is crazy and the data even shows it to be true.

So, just do a quick history lesson on pricing and you will quickly find the best info for predicting the future. No Pink Elephant, just facts and history repeating itself.[/QUOTE
]To suggest Gen5's will run for less than Gen4's in the used market is crazy and the data even shows it to be true.

http://classifieds.viperclub.org/member.php?uid=27974&username=ronvpr

gen IV asking price higher then dealer offering $82k for used genV

OP
OP
W

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Judging by the post above it's becoming distressingly apparent Mr. Wanted is not in full control of all his faculties so probably best to just drop it and revisit in a few months. See ya then.

nothing to say viperjon or are teaching basic english and grammar for $15 a hour :D

OP
OP
W

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only thing WANTED in here, is attention.

It is what it is.

Ha , ok nine ball.

I would definitely say your a ***** buying and paying what you did for your gen v THEN stating your gonna buy another, LMAO

THIS IS YOU,ENJOY THE READ!

*****noun fool, idiot, dummy (slang), berk (Brit. slang), charlie (Brit. informal), ****** (Brit. slang), dope (informal), **** (slang, chiefly U.S. & Canad.), ass, plank (Brit. slang), ***** (derogatory slang), wally (slang), prat (slang), plonker (slang), coot, geek (slang), twit (informal, chiefly Brit.), bonehead (slang), chump, dunce, imbecile, cretin, oaf, simpleton, airhead (slang), ****** (informal), dipstick (Brit. slang), ******** (slang), gonzo (slang), schmuck (U.S. slang), dork (slang), nitwit (informal), dolt, blockhead, divvy (Brit. slang), pillock (Brit. slang), halfwit, dweeb (U.S. slang), putz (U.S. slang), fathead (informal), ****** (U.S. informal), eejit (Scot. & Irish), thicko (Brit. slang), dumb-ass (slang), gob****e (Irish taboo slang), dunderhead, numpty (Scot. informal), doofus (slang, chiefly U.S.), lamebrain (informal), mental defective, ****wit (taboo slang), thickhead, muttonhead (slang), nerd or nurd (slang), numbskull or numskull I used to think that he was a *****.

IT IS WHAT IT IS, LOL

netapp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wanted, your a f*&%ing idiot / you are what you are. Moderators, please do something with this thread and wanted. I am getting tired and I am sure everyone else is of reading this dumb@ss trashing people for purchasing new gen V's.

05Commemorative

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So that I understand your logic, you are comparing a private owner asking price and a dealers purchase price that they will make a profit on? You do understand they are apples and oranges, right?

Please, use facts that are consistent. So, that its clear, are you wanting to discuss:
1) asking prices or sold prices? they are very different, so just pick.
2) avg prices or the lowest one you can find? again, very different, so just pick.

So, just do a quick history lesson on pricing and you will quickly find the best info for predicting the future. No Pink Elephant, just facts and history repeating itself.[/QUOTE
]To suggest Gen5's will run for less than Gen4's in the used market is crazy and the data even shows it to be true.

http://classifieds.viperclub.org/member.php?uid=27974&username=ronvpr

gen IV asking price higher then dealer offering $82k for used genV

Status
Not open for further replies.