Gen V Viper Logo pics...

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Back to the basics please. Simms you are correct, that logo looks one that was not selected back in 2001. I just cannot find the Viper Magazine that it was in though.

I'm glad someone else remembers. So you think it was in a Viper Mag?

vipertv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello all,

I've made a vector-based PDF file of the new logo. In case anyone would like to print, plot to vinyl, etc. It's not 100% exact, as I couldn't find a straight-on shot, but should do the job until an "official" logo is released.

http://www.projectviper.com/2012_viper_crest.pdf (wouldn't let me upload... guess cause I'm forum-wise, a noob!)
Enjoy!

-STL

Edit updated link to reflect new filename...

Last edited:

vpower01

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Looks good just needs to be inverted and a line on the other tooth.
Maybe pull that curve a bit to smooth it out. :2tu: gj

You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

vipertv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks good just needs to be inverted and a line on the other tooth.
Maybe pull that curve a bit to smooth it out. :2tu: gj

Revised... I also did a few other tweaks. I didn't invert the colors cause it's better for plotting when it is negative.

Revision 2: http://www.projectviper.com/2012_viper_crest.pdf

You must be registered for see images attach

Final JPG version, inverted...

While I was at it, I decided to give it some depth in video form.
http://www.projectviper.com/2012_crest_spin.mov
(set your player to loop)

Let me know what you think!

-STL

Wolfc2e

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Home!

I did 910 miles on Sunday after we had lunch at Miller and spent the night in Lincon NE. Yesterday I did another 830 to my Aunt's house in Ohio and finished the last 480 today after lunch.

No trouble with cops or anything but I almost hit a coyote in Wyoming! :omg:

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Time for change boys and girls!

1. "Sneaky Pete" was a great logo but looks a little cartoonish if it came out on a new car today.
2. "Fangs" is a great logo but the Daffy Duck thing needs to die.
3. Gen V logo is very awesome when you look at it. Very sinister and reflects the look of the new car. No older style cross hairs on the front of the new car and the V in the logo is designed into the front grill openings of the new car. The front end was just awesome on the new car. Sides and back were too GEN I/II ish., and that has been done to perfection already.

Logo names we submitted:

Me: "SLICK RICK" nod to the old.
Me: "FATE" as the logo builds on the past but looks at the future (FA)ngs and sneaky pe(TE) = FATE
Wife's: "SABOR" which I also kinda like after awhile as it pierces the heart.

As far as the new car, well the GEN I/II guys that are only a GEN I/II fan the car will not appeal as most on here have voices GEN I/II for life no matter what. That does not help Dodge new Viper sales, but also does not take away from the allure of the older cars. GEN III/IV guys are a little more open to change and if they wanted the look of the GEN I/II they would just buy an older GEN I/II for 1/3 the cost of the new car.

The GEN V front end is very different, yet screams Viper. The sides and back are all GEN I/II and would be a shame if Dodge went that direction with the future car. It has been done, so move on, but keep the roundness of the style without ripping it off directly.

It is clear with the comments even about the logo that every Generation owner that posts a negative comment feels threatened by what the new car could do or bring. No Generation Viper is taking anything away from the generation before it. They are all great in their own way and special for what they are. Of course, a damn near 20 year old Viper is not going to hold up performance wise or technology wise to a today Viper. It is 20 years into the design cycle.

Nothing "ricey" about the new logo in the slightest. New car will still make us all proud and you have to have a little faith. Me, I hope to add one of every Generation car to my collection someday. That just leaves me to add:

92' GEN I
99' GEN II ACR (Silver with Blue Stripes)
10' GEN IV Convertible (Anaconda Green with Tan interior and Tan top, Six spoke wheels)
12' GEN V+
(and beyond)

Glad Dodge will not be afraid to move in a new design direction while holding the old in hand. Who wants a halo car with 20 year old design and technology? Think about it! (Tough crowd though)

Last edited:

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It is clear with the comments even about the logo that every Generation owner that posts a negative comment feels threatened by what the new car could do or bring.

Ehhhh, not so much. I preferred the logo on my old vipers compared to the logo on my Gen IV. For my shifter, I went with one with a sneaky pete logo on it and have considered putting a gen I/II emblem on to replace the fangs on the front as well.

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought this would be of some interest. This is what I was thinking about when I thought I saw something similar to the new logo. This is from the Spring 2003 Viper Magazine. Sorry for the pic quality, from my iphone. I forgot the text below the sketches as well. This was the evolution of "Fang".

logo1.JPG

logo2.JPG

I can see the new snake coming from some of the old brain storming. It would be cool to see how they arrived at the new logo.

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The new one is starting to grow on me. I was never crazy about Pete or Fangs. Ford has a great snake for the Cobras so I guess it's tough to come up with something good that doesn't look like that. Credit where Credit is due. I can still remember the impression that Ford Cobra emblem left on me when I was working part time in a supermarket in 1976 before I got my driver's license and the guy who worked in the produce department gave me a ride home in his 67 GT500... :hail: I know... sounds corny but there really is nothing like being a kid and experiencing things for the first time... I actually think this new snake would leave more of an impression like that... than the previous two.

vpower01

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Very cool! I can see they went through a few designs to get where they are now and i like it. Thanks for the pics. :2tu:

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Charming Chuck ?:dunno:

Look at him... I'm sure he sees himself as charming...:naughty: and snakes do get charmed...:dj:

Chuck sounds like somebody you would find hanging out with Pete and Fangs... and there is a Chuck that posts on this site from time to time...:2tu:

Just sayin...:rolleyes:

Flying Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GREAT POST COLOVIPER
couldn't agree more. I'm glad someone said it. Lets go forward!!!!!!!!!!!

Time for change boys and girls!

1. "Sneaky Pete" was a great logo but looks a little cartoonish if it came out on a new car today.
2. "Fangs" is a great logo but the Daffy Duck thing needs to die.
3. Gen V logo is very awesome when you look at it. Very sinister and reflects the look of the new car. No older style cross hairs on the front of the new car and the V in the logo is designed into the front grill openings of the new car. The front end was just awesome on the new car. Sides and back were too GEN I/II ish., and that has been done to perfection already.

Logo names we submitted:

Me: "SLICK RICK" nod to the old.
Me: "FATE" as the logo builds on the past but looks at the future (FA)ngs and sneaky pe(TE) = FATE
Wife's: "SABOR" which I also kinda like after awhile as it pierces the heart.

As far as the new car, well the GEN I/II guys that are only a GEN I/II fan the car will not appeal as most on here have voices GEN I/II for life no matter what. That does not help Dodge new Viper sales, but also does not take away from the allure of the older cars. GEN III/IV guys are a little more open to change and if they wanted the look of the GEN I/II they would just buy an older GEN I/II for 1/3 the cost of the new car.

The GEN V front end is very different, yet screams Viper. The sides and back are all GEN I/II and would be a shame if Dodge went that direction with the future car. It has been done, so move on, but keep the roundness of the style without ripping it off directly.

It is clear with the comments even about the logo that every Generation owner that posts a negative comment feels threatened by what the new car could do or bring. No Generation Viper is taking anything away from the generation before it. They are all great in their own way and special for what they are. Of course, a damn near 20 year old Viper is not going to hold up performance wise or technology wise to a today Viper. It is 20 years into the design cycle.

Nothing "ricey" about the new logo in the slightest. New car will still make us all proud and you have to have a little faith. Me, I hope to add one of every Generation car to my collection someday. That just leaves me to add:

92' GEN I
99' GEN II ACR (Silver with Blue Stripes)
10' GEN IV Convertible (Anaconda Green with Tan interior and Tan top, Six spoke wheels)
12' GEN V+
(and beyond)

Glad Dodge will not be afraid to move in a new design direction while holding the old in hand. Who wants a halo car with 20 year old design and technology? Think about it! (Tough crowd though)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave