1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gen V vs 12C from a roll...

Discussion in 'Generation V Discussions / SRT Coupe, GTS, GTC, AC' started by FikseGTS, Nov 24, 2013.

1. FLL-B/W-GTS

FLL-B/W-GTS Viper Owner

May be a dog fight with my old 2011 Turbo S from a roll,but not in the quarter(10.80s Stock),but I have a brand new 2014 Black Turbo S in my garage..Viper has no
    chance against it and the McLaren will be the on new Turbo S radar,should be close. The new TS is much faster/improved than old one with over boost,more Torque
    down low(2100rpms),revised DCT/PDK and a revised AWD system that puts even more power to the front wheels from the dig.But,got to get it broke in first,only 38
    miles on it....

Still waiting for some improvements/aftermarket stuff to get me a new Gen.5,but still silence from SRT....

2. KenricGTS

KenricGTS Viper Owner

I wonder how my 650 hp EVO PDK would do against your new 14 turbo. Should beat it?

3. FLL-B/W-GTS

FLL-B/W-GTS Viper Owner

Bring that 650 Hp EVO PDK down to the Palm Beach Test and Tune and I,ll give it a shot...I have whooped several cars with over 650 Hp with my old Turbo S and the new one is faster.. Don,t bother if you are not in the 10.50s/10.6 s area, because you will loose...

4. SnakeBitten

SnakeBitten Enthusiast

I know the G5 is a bit out of its league in the "straights" vs these new tech super cars but I'd really like to see a head to head with the Mac, Porsche and the GTR on a circuit track like VIR. I'd love to see where they stand in relation to the snake in lap times.

5. VENOM V

VENOM V Enthusiast

The Car and Driver Lightning Lap will do just that in Jan 2014. The Viper TA will be there! Should make for an interesting read. Here's the 2013 L. Lap:

http://www.caranddriver.com/features/lightning-lap-2013-hot-cars-hot-track-hot-laps-feature

6. Ev1E9

Ev1E9 Enthusiast

Here you go. Mclaren 12C vs Porsche Turbo S:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=JyPLNtdqpJ8

7. FLL-B/W-GTS

FLL-B/W-GTS Viper Owner

The McLarens are bad to the bone, but notice the only thing that will come close/compared to it,is a Turbo S.. Their is a reason for that...

8. plumcrazy

plumcrazy Enthusiast

apparently that 12C is really a badass car. good fo them and i hate fikse more now

9. FLL-B/W-GTS

FLL-B/W-GTS Viper Owner

Ya,I believe some McLarens(Orange one) may have a little extra tune that makes them just a little faster than the other McLarens.Not to worry,Champion Porsche is all ready testing a new Turbo S and will be coming out with a tune and parts very soon for the new one..When they get it,be sure my TS will be over their for the bump up.... One gets tuned,so can the other,fair is fair...

10. FikseGTS

FikseGTS Enthusiast

all stock, actually a stock 2013 pulled on the orange car by a bit....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGwG8JBqQPY

11. KenricGTS

KenricGTS Viper Owner

Last edited: Nov 30, 2013
  12. georgethedog

georgethedog Enthusiast

Am I the only one who thinks doing 150 on a public road is crazy?

13. SnakeBitten

SnakeBitten Enthusiast

A well sorted TA should have them covered IMHO.

I checked out that link and I found something interesting. The Benz black series is 10 seconds slower than the 08 ACR's C&D Lightning Lap time of 2:48. Even the ZL1 was a bit faster. Equally interesting is the 458's 1:49 time which is right behind the G4 ACR. Different days and variables but pretty interesting nontheless.

The 2014 LL will be fodder for many threads across the automotive forums I'm sure. Win or lose I'm hopeful for a much better showing for the snake.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2013