Gen V vs Aventador vs LFA (engine revs)

Viper #53

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Gen 5 definitely sounds better than other gens, but it will not sound as good as a V12. For the money, the Viper rocks.

7TH_SIGN

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LFA. A couple of turbos with a cat delete along with a nice 4 inch exhaust would make that Viper come to life imo. ;)

SADVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lexus spent two years to reach the sound they want, SRT spent two years making the design so comparing the sound is not a priority right now :D and I love our current sound.

SlateEd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lexus spent two years to reach the sound they want, SRT spent two years making the design so comparing the sound is not a priority right now :D and I love our current sound.

True, and Lexus had Yamaha tune the engine and exhaust for sound also...

Maybe SRT could get Bach musical instrument engineers to look at the pipes for the Viper :D
Elkhart Indiana and Detroit unite haha.

Seriously though.. If the Viper had a specifically tuned exhaust note (r+d time investment) would it stop most of us from wanting louder aftermarket kits anyway?

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the LFA will embarrass any car in a engine note contest.

^^^^^^^EXACTLY^^^^^^^

I'm not a huge fan of the LFA (especially at it's price point), but NOTHING sounds like that car does. I have heard one in person and it is beyond amazing. Performance-wise, eh. Sound-wise, OMG!

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the price point doesn't matter. People buying the LFA aren't cross shopping it with the Aventador.

They just buy both.

Then again, the LFA budget to tune the exhaust prob was the entire budget for the 2013 Viper LOL

OP
OP
M

mnc2886

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah Yeah... all those other cars sound alike. The Viper has a bass-ier sound all it's own.

I got to admit, the Viper sound was like beer for me....an acquired taste.....

No recording has ever done an exhaust note justice, but even more so with a Viper.

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That video comparison is pointless guys.
Not only like Bob pointed out about the sound exiting from the sides but most importantly, it's a pushrod engine for crying out loud. They should have had a Ferarri in there instead.

You might as well compare a Harley to a Ninja on the next video because it makes just as much sense. (btw, I'll take the harley sound)

summary:
If it's a video to appreciate different car sounds then I like it alot.
If it's an exhaust competion video, then it's as stupid as the day is long.

Kratos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That video comparison is pointless guys.
Not only like Bob pointed out about the sound exiting from the sides but most importantly, it's a pushrod engine for crying out loud. They should have had a Ferarri in there instead.

You might as well compare a Harley to a Ninja on the next video because it makes just as much sense. (btw, I'll take the harley sound)

summary:
If it's a video to appreciate different car sounds then I like it alot.
If it's an exhaust competion video, then it's as stupid as the day is long.

Exactly...

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When you are in a Viper the sound is awesome on acceleration but even better when you let off and down shift... I love the high revving sound too but show me another car that sounds like a Viper that isn't dropping off a package at your house:lmao: j/k:D

I got to admit, the Viper sound was like beer for me....an acquired taste.....

No recording has ever done an exhaust note justice, but even more so with a Viper.

Last edited:

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Like the Harley/Ninja analogy. Makes one wonder what a V10 Snake would sound like if it ran up towards 9K rpms?? I do know that when I have the ACR out at track events I get alot of comments on how cool it sounds ( BadBoyzz Garage ACR-X headers ). Snicking down through the gears , folks really do like the burble and cackle. Just a different sound, and the Harley analogy is so spot on, think I will use it in the future. Yet, as noted, wonder what it would sound like at 9000 revs?!

BigDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can say this, a fully built naturally aspirated Viper motor is a force to be reckoned....so they sound crappy stock. Doesn't matter, it won't remain stock for long.

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Took me over a year to stop running out to the garage with my gun every time a package was delivered to my house:lmao:

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is pretty low on my list of things to consider when supercar shopping, I'm surprised this thread had any legs at all. It's right up there with who won the burnout contest, LOL. It just shows that there isn't any real Viper news at the moment, and we don't have anything substantial to discuss.

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score
This is pretty low on my list of things to consider when supercar shopping, I'm surprised this thread had any legs at all. It's right up there with who won the burnout contest, LOL. It just shows that there isn't any real Viper news at the moment, and we don't have anything substantial to discuss.

It sidetracks us from the fact that the new viper got whipped by an old vette on the track and on the dyno.

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bill, I have to agree on how many people seek me out to tell me how the great the car sounds when I'm at the track. It really surprised me at first, but with my exhaust set-up and screaming up high in the revs, it does sound great. I just never thought people would come find me to tell me that. My last track day, I was giving rides to friends or friends of friends just about every session. Next thing I know, a younger guy (total stranger) walks up and says he loved the sound when I was coming down the front straight and downshifting into turn 1, and wanted to know if I'd mind taking him out for a few laps.. He said he was there with a friend, but wasn't even watching him run because all he was paying attention to was my car when I was out there. I love seeing peoples reactions as we end the session and suddenly slow to a pace where they can catch there breath, and the big ole smile on their face after they get out of the car. :)

bcmarly

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dick Winkles said the Gen V could safely rev to 6800 rpms without compromising emissions.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper