Gen V wheels for my Gen IV

OP
OP
C

CaptainDavid

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BTW when I think of Hyper Black I envision dark flat black. That's not the way the pockets appear. Looks like a med/dark grey gloss metallic, not black !

Chelseasnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
did you use the orginal tires that came with your car? , or got the new size for the fronts.

TexasTorred

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man that looks killer!!! Nice wheels. Don't seem to 'visually' stick out too much. When I heard 3/4" I thought that would be too much.

Time for some mud flaps or clear bra over the sills though:)

TonyCool

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Finally, Special Thanks to Jerry and Viper Parts of America, sorry bout the cloudy day

cpndavid2.jpg

Wow! this wheels look great. If anyone needs a set of five spokes let me know. I wouldn't mind to upgrade my wheels to this :smirk:

TonyCool

Viper Owner
Reaction score

That's too bad... fully polished should look great.

Reaction score
On the sidewinders 2 why is the mate black 1K more than the hyper black?
They have been making price adjustments as they start stocking these wheels. The Matte Black is $500 more - for now. We can check to see if we can do any better if you are interested. We have both versions in stock (the rest have all been shipped out!).

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I swear the II's in hyper were $3299 weeks ago, then 3499 this week now 4k

cubican

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wow!! I was going to pull the trigger today on the sidewinders but now they are 4K for the HB thats 500 bucks more than last night!!!!!! VTA (viper tax of america) LOL

Last edited:
Reaction score
wow!! I was going to pull the trigger today on the sidewinders but now they are 4K for the HB thats 500 bucks more than last night!!!!!! VTA (viper tax of america) LOL

LOL. Which is why you should always buy them if you think the price is too good to be true. We have seen a few price adjustments from Mopar on these and have had to adjust our own accordingly. When we grabbed the photo from our site (those are actual wheels we have in stock) we checked our cost and it was up almost exactly $1000 for the set. So we took it up $500 on our retail price so as not to take a loss. May not be Viper Tax of America, but isn't Viper Loss of America either... :D

And considering they aren't that far off from the original Sidewinder/ACR wheels in price, it is still a pretty darn good deal.

Viper98912

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw this car in person today and the wheels look amazing. I remember first seeing them on the Gen5 models and thought they'd look awesome on my 97B/W. This white & silver convertible color combo looks great in person, and with the wheels they fit just perfectly.

ROYMAN

Enthusiast
Reaction score
^ speaking of pics... do you have the speedster bubble? I see it in your avatar pic. Any pictures of that? I was thinking of picking one up.

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have searched but can't seem to find this answer..... How much do the new "Ultra light Sidewinders" weigh? Or better question is how much lighter are they than the first version? Thanks

chorps

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have searched but can't seem to find this answer..... How much do the new "Ultra light Sidewinders" weigh? Or better question is how much lighter are they than the first version? Thanks

http://forums.viperclub.org/threads...-more-too...?p=3151138&viewfull=1#post3151138

http://forums.viperclub.org/threads/649104-Wheel-tire-weights-Sidewinders-vs-H-Spokes

Sidewinders
Front Rims: 16.2 Lbs
Rear Rims:24.2

Sidewinder II Track Wheels
Front - 18.7 pounds
Rear - 23.1 pounds

Remember, the Gen V fronts are wider by 1" AFAIR.

OP
OP
C

CaptainDavid

Enthusiast
Reaction score
^ speaking of pics... do you have the speedster bubble? I see it in your avatar pic. Any pictures of that? I was thinking of picking one up.
My avatar is my old Mamba, But yes I have the modified speedster bubble. They are made by Vipaire, Steve has a website. :drive:

Reaction score
wow!! I was going to pull the trigger today on the sidewinders but now they are 4K for the HB thats 500 bucks more than last night!!!!!!

As we noted previously, the prices are fluctuating on these new wheels. If you were thinking about buying a set, now is the time: There has been another price adjustment and it is VERY good for buyers:

https://www.viperpartsofamerica.com...ra-lightweight-track-wheel-set-in-hyper-black

https://www.viperpartsofamerica.com...ra-lightweight-track-wheel-set-in-matte-black

The Hyper Black dropped by $1K and the Matte Black by $1.5K for the set. And YES, we will drop another 15% off that for VCA members and 20% for Venom! The only downside is that these wheels are selling like hotcakes and are already on back order. We should have a delivery window later this week, but your purchase locks in that price even if they go back up before they are delivered (we will lock it with Mopar immediately).

Ever thought you could buy the ultra lightweight 2013 wheels for under $2500 for the set? Now you can...

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As we noted previously, the prices are fluctuating on these new wheels. If you were thinking about buying a set, now is the time: There has been another price adjustment and it is VERY good for buyers:

https://www.viperpartsofamerica.com...ra-lightweight-track-wheel-set-in-hyper-black

https://www.viperpartsofamerica.com...ra-lightweight-track-wheel-set-in-matte-black

The Hyper Black dropped by $1K and the Matte Black by $1.5K for the set. And YES, we will drop another 15% off that for VCA members and 20% for Venom! The only downside is that these wheels are selling like hotcakes and are already on back order. We should have a delivery window later this week, but your purchase locks in that price even if they go back up before they are delivered (we will lock it with Mopar immediately).

Ever thought you could buy the ultra lightweight 2013 wheels for under $2500 for the set? Now you can...

I think I would like a set but am wondering, will I be charged when I order or after they ship off of back order.
I'm not in a huge hurry, but would rather not have money ******* for weeks or more while they are on BO.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Reaction score
I think I would like a set but am wondering, will I be charged when I order or after they ship off of back order.
I'm not in a huge hurry, but would rather not have money ******* for weeks or more while they are on BO.
Unfortunately you are charged at the time of the order as we have to then order the wheels immediately to lock in that lower price - not to mention getting a spot in line as the wheels come into Mopar. We don't want to end up with a bunch of wheels that people never paid for, or wait to order them only to find they went back up in price.