Getting ready for the big date

John N

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ALBERT, THE HORROR!!! You are running nitrous!! Next thing you know you'll be adding slicks & skinnies!! Everyone knows this is begging for breakage on every run!!
laugh.gif
bounce.gif

Martin D

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All I can say is HOLY $HIT.
I am sure everyone will enjoy the view of your tail lights!

I am gonna try to call you tomorrow about the NX kit.

Regards,

phiebert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Albert, is that two completely separate Nitrous setups? Looks like you've got two nozzles into each intake. If I'm seeing that correctly (and I think I am 'cause you also have two bottles) do you notice a marked difference with double the nitrous? Did you have to do a lot of other stuff to not run lean?

Either way, it just looks evil...and I like it!

OP
OP
M
Reaction score
Martin, we are very happy with the latest set up. Havent had a chance to run it yet, my back hurts so bad from leaning over the car this whole week for 12 hours a day. Hope to hear from you soon.

Phiebert, You are looking at a dual stage set up. The fuel solenoids are at the bottom of all the mess down there. I have a seperate fuel system just for the nitrous. Dont want to run lean and K/O the engine. So far with the colder plugs it looks like we have a great mixture.( thanks Doug Levin for the plug advice) Hope to get it on the street this weekend and punish some people.

Reaction score
Albert -
Very, very nice install. I enjoy the art of self fabrication!

Ouch, your carbon fiber air box scares me..... It's too nice to use with a two stage nitrous system. If you've ever wondered why people (including myself) use cone filters with tubes and keep the filter clamps loose, you can only guess why.

BTW. We are testing a prototype RPM activation switch on a customers car that will remove timing in one or two stages. Depending on the installed chips, it will remove that amount of timing. For example, the first nitrous stage can remove the amount of timing of the installed chip and the second stage will remove timing in reference to the second installed chip. The nitrous will shut off depending on the selected chip for the cutoff rpm.

Regards,
Doug

OP
OP
M
Reaction score
The normal nitrous install with all the goodies such as bottle warmers, pressure guage etc.. runs about 1500.00. I wouldn't even know where to begin with this set up. We did everything different. Used the new insulated race hose for the first shot and a #6 line for the 2nd shot. The dual nozzles with 4 ports each, stainless steel hard lines, and extra solenoids, bottle, bottle warmer, etc.... The set up is real clean, but we made a joke that we would probably never sell one.

OP
OP
M
Reaction score
Doug, The air box scares my wallet. We have blown a few up. I like the way it looks, and we show the car off at the street races so we have kept it. I must say K&N must love me, since the filters blow out quite a bit.

GARY J

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Albert,
I am a small time NX dealer and have have done maybe 15 cars in the past year with no problems. I am considering putting a kit on my car. The largest shot I would go with is a 150. I have a few small mods(k&n's smooth tubes, cat back) but everything else is stock.
1 Does it matter how far from the tb's I install the nozzles in the smooth tubes?
2 Can I trust the accuracy of the kit from the factory for the jettings or will there be some tuning(since the jets for 55psi and 60psi fuel pressure are the same in the manual)?
3 Do you recommend stock plugs on such a "small" shot, or do I need to go cooler?
4 Can I use just a simple tb switch or do I need a fancy rpm switch to cut on and off at certain rpm's?

I have the kit on the shelf looking at me every day but I'm kinda scared to install it. By the way the car has 10k miles.
Sorry for so many questions but there aren't many people out there that can give advice on juicing a GTS. Thanks

Prashant

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a chance to see this setup first had today...nice. if you would like more info on where you can see this car and many other mean Vipers, please log on to houstonviperclub.com for the july 1st VIPER vs. Vette shoot out.