GMC Canyon sounds just like a Viper (well a baby one)

Cobra4B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a loaner truck for a few days and it's a GMC Canyon (Chev. Colorado). It has a I-5 motor in it. I had been wondering if the truck would sound anything like a Viper being that a Viper's exhaust note is basically an I-5 comming out of each pipe.

Well I hopped in it and floored it... guess what it's got an almost identical exhaust note to every Viper I've drive and it's pretty cool. It's odd b/c a Viper's tone is very distinct and hearing it outside of one is just different.

Bugeater

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2BADD4U,
Why waste the time typing such a constructive post? The topic isnt headline material but semi-interesting...I will make a point of listening to one when I see it on the road now because it made me curious.

OP
OP
C

Cobra4B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
^ John... did Scotty ever pick a ride to go with? I'll be at VIR with Mazdadrivers the end of the month, you going to that one?

OP
OP
C

Cobra4B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BPP Vortex Rammer CAI with a fatter air bridge and smooth coupler, Kooks 1 3/4ths LT headers w/ 3" collectors and 3" x-pipe w/ hiflow cats mated up to a Borla Stinger Catback. I never got it tuned so there's probably 10 ponies on the table... it runs 11.5:1 afr up top so a little rich. Being a 2001 it has a slightly smaller cam than a 2002-2004 variant. Added a Fidanza aluminum flywheel (about 1/2 the weight of OEM) and it hit 150 on the back straight of VIR vs. 145 last time I was there but I haven't dyno'd it at all, feels a good bit faster. Next up is a nice cam later this year, but I just got done witha bunch of track mods (hitch, tire trailer, Hoosiers, Sparco's, DRM oil cooler/radiator, BK harness bar, etc)

Here's what she looks like....
You must be registered for see images

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
nice thanks for the pics.

I think the Z06 looks so much better then the new C6.

bwhitmore

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey Cobra4B, I thought you retreated into your hole? Maybe you should go back there.

Nothing against your car, it's you we don't like...

OP
OP
C

Cobra4B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
^ <3 you too... The car came with popups, the lights are a/m. They're made by specter works and are designed after the ALMS C5-R.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ohhh ok I gotcha, they look better now vs when there open but then the stockers are closed it looks great but open the stockers look terrible I think.

Bugeater

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brian, I'm gonna instruct...Probably wont take the Viper cuz I dont think I will have it back in time...gotta new daily driver I want to try out though (BMW M5)...

Need to call you.

OP
OP
C

Cobra4B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The blue tape is regular 3m painters tape... yes, it's to help protect the paint.

John, Can I request an instructor? I'd want you or Brad (subdriver on corvetteforum) he runs a T1 car and will have it there :laugh: My transaxle is seeping at the front seal and my new LUK clutch needed to be adjusted so I just let my warranty take care of it... car is up with Mike Arnold at Casey Chevy... should have it back the begining of next week and will be busy installing lots of stuff.

1. Sparco's going in.
2. BK harness bar to replace the Hardbar
3. DRM brake coolers
4. Wilwood H pads
5. Hoosiers on the stock wheels
6. Wiring the tow hitch up....

What year M5 you get? 6-speed?

Oh yeah... back on topic... anyone on here own/drive a canyon/colorado to back me up?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang