Go ahead...make my day!!!

Johnny GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This afternoon, I decided to take the Viper out for some much needed exercise and on the way home I stopped at the local grocery store for some supplies. Upon approaching my carefully parked GTS, I could not believe my eyes or ears... There stood an elderly, disheveled looking man staring at my car.....this is normally not that unusual, however as I approached he fell to his knees and began crying and saying "Ronnie...Ronnie...Ronnie". I proceeded to place my packages in the rear compartment and just wanted to vacate but could not leave him there. I asked him if there was anything I could do to help him and he spoke in such a kind and gentle way, holding my arm and telling me about how his son Ronnie had a car just like this and unfortunately got killed in an accident about 20 years ago. I truly felt his pain and as we chatted he asked me if I would take him for a ride in my beautiful car. Hesitating, I helped him get in and took him for a very gentle ride for a couple of miles. He spoke about how great the American sports cars were compared to the foreign junk being made and how much he misses the good old days when people really cared about the cars they drove and how simple life was...This conversation could have gone on much longer, but I had to get home, I asked him if I could drive him home and he said to take him back to IGA, his car was there. I told him that it was a pleasure to meet him and dropped him off at his Toyota Corolla, upon helping him out of my car he simply stated "maybe I'll see you again and we can go for another ride in your beautiful CORVETTE!

daveg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You should have told the man you have a Viper at home as well.

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh man, NO WAY! This can't be real! LOL I would have just handed him the keys and collapsed from laughing so hard! :lmao:

--RS

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axial32