Good friend needs to move '02 GTS.

TomSlick

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Good friend needs to move \'02 GTS.

A good friend of mine is having surgery Friday and needs $ 40,000 to pay for it. He has a Red '02 GTS w/ 1900 miles he will sell to pay for the operation.

The car has a clean title, but has had some paint work.

He also has other cars he wants to sell, but this one is probably the nicest one he has.

We are in Southeast Tennessee.

So anyone that is close by and wants to come look at it, just call me @ 423 843-9222. My name is Tom.

OP
OP
T

TomSlick

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Re: Good friend needs to move \'02 GTS.

No it's not an FE. He has one in his collection, but he wants to keep it. It is a solid Red car. I will get the VIN, so we can run it.

GotAViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Does he want 40k? or does he just want to sell it by friday. The car is worth at least 50k is it not?

OP
OP
T

TomSlick

Viper Owner
Reaction score

He will sell the car for $ 40,000. The car is worth that at the very minimum.

v10kingsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score

40k for a car with 1900 miles on an 02. i think you or he may be down playing the fact that it had "paint work" a bit. unless the car sustained MAJOR DAMAGE you would think any dealer would shell cash today for it sight unseen. good luck but to me a carfax means squat.

RedOne

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Someone needs to jump on this... Unless the "paint work" is sub standard and there is more to the story...

They are fetching OVER 45K at the auctions WITH paintwork

BradH

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Someone needs to jump on this... Unless the "paint work" is sub standard and there is more to the story...

Yeah, I'm all over it - and I think at least one other person is also. I called as soon as I saw the post and was still second. I spoke to Tom on the phone and offered to fly down on Friday and pay cash to pick it up. Its definitely a great deal unless the damage is worse than expected. It seems like Tom knows Vipers, so he should have a good idea of what kind of shape it's in when he takes a closer look.

Assuming I can buy the car, I actually feel kinda bad about it considering the circumstance. I guess at least it would go to someone who will appreciate and love the car, and not someone looking to flip it for a profit. I've been watching the forums every day for three months waiting for a deal like this to come along!

-Brad

CROM

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I'm going to go shoot myself now.............

:curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse:

Rizzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score

This is the deal of a lifetime. If I hadn't just bought my GTS I'd be on a plane right now to pick that thing up..

CROM

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Please see my post above and my other "unfortunate" post.

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yeah, I'm all over it - and I think at least one other person is also. I called as soon as I saw the post and was still second. I spoke to Tom on the phone and offered to fly down on Friday and pay cash to pick it up. Its definitely a great deal unless the damage is worse than expected. It seems like Tom knows Vipers, so he should have a good idea of what kind of shape it's in when he takes a closer look.

Assuming I can buy the car, I actually feel kinda bad about it considering the circumstance. I guess at least it would go to someone who will appreciate and love the car, and not someone looking to flip it for a profit. I've been watching the forums every day for three months waiting for a deal like this to come along!

-Brad
Thats an AWESOME deal. You shouldn't feel bad the guy still has a FE in his COLLECTION of cars. Someone is going to be a lucky man, what a great deal!

v10kingsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score

i cant help but seem to want to call B.S. on this post. Are you telling me this guy owns a 2002 with squat for miles, as mentioned above, and an FE and implied "more" in his collection yet he needs to sell this for 40k to come up with money to pay for a medical procedure. come on guys, this doesnt seem odd to you that a guy who obviously is not scraping by in life cant finance these costs another way. sorry but i am a firm believer that if it looks to good to be true then it probably is. good luck with who ever shells out 500-1000 for a plane ticket to see this car.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Are you telling me this guy owns a 2002 with squat for miles, as mentioned above, and an FE and implied "more" in his collection yet he needs to sell this for 40k to come up with money to pay for a medical procedure.

I immediately thought that, but I didn't want to say anything and possibly ruin a possible sale incase all circumstances are true and legit

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score

thank you casey for putting what i said LIGHTLY.

Ooops, I didn't read through all the post! :D

let me change my post to: I agree with V10kingsnake! :2tu:

"That's BullsH*T Geraldo"! :D

OP
OP
T

TomSlick

Viper Owner
Reaction score

He has assets but no cash at this time. Sure he could borrow the money, but instead will sell something to pay some bills (which are going to be coming in). I'm glad I don't look at life as a sceptic, like some people. I guess it's where you live or something that makes you that way.

The car had front-end damage and has been repainted totally. I went by and saw the car yesterday, and got pictures of this one and some other cars that he will sell. I haven't seen the title, but he said it's clean, and I believe him (He's been a good friend for at least 25 years).

He has been hit with news that nobody would want to hear, but we all believe that he will make it though this. Tom.

zen garage

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Tom,
I sent an email but it came back undelivered. As well I just sent a pm for more details.

BradH

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I have some more information about the car.

At this point, I'd say the condition of the title is suspect. CarFax shows a frontal impact (with a parked car) in Florida with moderate to severe damage. According to CarFax, the title is clean - but it's coming out of Florida, so who knows for sure.

It also sounds like the car may need a full repaint to bring it up to *****. Per Tom, the current repaint job isn't that great and has some bubbles etc. Also has a few other issues (cracked center console and needs some front bumper work.) Obviously the full repaint won't be cheap.

I'm still following up (after all it is an 02 with only 1900 miles). But I'm not in a position to buy the car and then drop another $10k+ into it, so I'll probably be passing on it.

By the way, when I spoke to Tom he was completely up front with providing this information, so I don't think these guys are trying to fool anybody. Even he was questioning the validity of the clean title. But with such low miles, it still might turn out to be a good deal for somebody.

-Brad

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang