Good place to mount tires in Fredericksburg VA area.

Batboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone know of and dealt with a good place to mount tires on our wheels? I want to make sure the place can handle wheels our size. I'm in the Fredericksburg area, but am willing to drive a little ways if necessary. Thanks for recommendations.

Matt

RobHook

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Batboy,

A good way to find a shop is to look for one that has a Hunter GSP9700. This is the tire balancing machine that some shops use. The actual mounting machine isn't the problem, it's the balancing. It's a close fit but this machine WILL handle the Viper's rear tires. (I know because my dad's MB shop has one and we use it to mount my tires). Go to http://www.gsp9700.com/pub/search/FindLocations.cfm and input your location info. That'll list all the local shops with this machine.

--Rob

goldcup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On the outside of the rim!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry had to.
We only have a couple of places that can handle the rim size of the Viper and only one I would let touch them.Referrals referrals!!!

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not in your area but I always take my tires to my Dodge (well actually ex-Dodge, they lost their franchise) dealer. Since they had a Viper tech they had the equipment and know how.

BlackSnake99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Matt,

Call Dwayne Smith at 1.571.435.0716

He's a Viper tech who has his own shop now and I believe he has the equipment to mount and balance. He is in Chantilly.

johnk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pehaps ask your Dodge dealer who they use. Waldorf (MD) Dodge subs out Viper wheel/tire work to a local shop. I wouldn't imagine the Dodge dealer would use them if they screwed up the wheels. Good luck..

OP
OP
Batboy

Batboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks fellas. A good place to start would be our local Viper Tech, but I'm going to try a couple suggestions here too.

V10 PWRD

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Matt....shoot me a PM. I used a small specialty shop here in Culpeper that 2 brothers run. They mounted all 4 of my new Kumho's and balanced them. Very nice job with no problems. Very reasonable. Then maybe we can do lunch and a ride. I think you have my cell number. Either way shoot me a PM.

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just had to have my 345/25R20 Nitto replaced on my new wheel, and I used a shop in Glen Burnie called HP Racing. No scratches, perfect balance...$30!

I know its a drive for you, but thought I'd throw it out there.

Gus Strakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just had to have my 345/25R20 Nitto replaced on my new wheel, and I used a shop in Glen Burnie called HP Racing. No scratches, perfect balance...$30!

I know its a drive for you, but thought I'd throw it out there.

That's good information for us living in the greater Baltimore area.

motor602

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had a set of PS2's put on the car in about an hour at a shop called Radial Tire in Silver Spring MD. did everything for QUITE a reasonable price and very professional.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper