Got a good laugh today

02 Graphite GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I took the wife and Viper out for a quick ride on Pacific Coast Hwy.
I caught up to a nice Mustang Cobra with a good sounding exhaust. His plates read "XS PONYS". I went around him and he pulls up next to me at the next light. He looks over....so my wife says to him "I like your plates" "Extra small ponies". He looks dejectedly down and quickly pulls a right turn. :rolaugh: I couldn't stop laughing. Poor guy.

Ratical2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What do you bet that he is online with the DMV ordering new plates at this very moment...that was brutally Hillarious!!!

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Excess ponies, hah hah!

He can't afford a Viper, and his plate could be taken to mean he has extra small ponies, what a laugh!

Isn't it great to own a Viper?

FATHERFORD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL... poor mustang guy. I am a huge mustang fan(own 3), but sometimes those cobra owners are very "special" to say the least. Not all, but some for sure.

2snakes4us

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I caught up to a nice Mustang Cobra with a good sounding exhaust. His plates read "XS PONY'S". I went around him and he pulls up next to me at the next light. He looks over....so my wife says to him "I like your plates" "Extra small ponies". He looks dejectedly down and quickly pulls a right turn. :rough: I couldn't stop laughing. Poor guy.

Kudos to your Wife!! that was brilliant:2tu:

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That could've turned nasty~~! We just respect everyone out there, they ALL love their own cars, no matter what vehicle it is. ~juli

kman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Right now,most mustang owners can afford a viper. A slightly modded 2006 coupe with very low miles was purchased for 50k,that's about what a shelby gt500 costs.

yogibayer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Right now,most mustang owners can afford a viper. A slightly modded 2006 coupe with very low miles was purchased for 50k,that's about what a shelby gt500 costs.

I don't think MOST mustang owners can afford a Viper the way you mean it. Most Mustang owners do not own a mustang with $50k invested in it. I'm sure some do, but there are a lot of Civics out there with $50k invested in them, but to say that most of them could afford a Viper isn't necessarily true. First of all, the $50k is an initial investment in a Viper, not a $30k investment with $20k of add-ons. Secondly the Mustang has a back seat, which makes it a much more durable daily driver than a Viper. I doubt there are any Viper owners who would claim the Viper as their only car, but there many Mustang owners with the Stang as their only car. The Viper community needs to be able to afford the Viper + another car for family business and the such.

DrDJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think MOST mustang owners can afford a Viper the way you mean it....

Well said... I could afford an Enzo but not at the expense of my lifestyle - house, health insurance, other cars, vacations, dining out, clothes, buying things for the family, charities, retirement, etc.

DrDJ

Last edited:

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I thought I would be called out by now for my vicious post. Didn't anyone notice a hint of sarcasm in it?

2000_Black_RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If it were my wife in the passenger seat, she would have most likely told the dude - nice car. :2tu:

That whole segregation thing amongst vehicle brands is odd.. Heck I used to hang out at a Mopar board and I got outcasted for trading in my Barracuda for a Viper.. I buy what I like, and respect what others like in this automotive enthusiast hobby.. Now if a dink pulled up beside me making comments, well, different story..

At work we build the race Mustangs for Ford Racing, they go for 125 - 250k which are available now.. that's a Mustang surely most cannot afford here.. (inc. myself..).

For True Believers Only - AutoWeek Magazine

93Cobra

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I caught up to a nice Mustang Cobra with a good sounding exhaust. His plates read "XS PONYS". I went around him and he pulls up next to me at the next light. He looks over....so my wife says to him "I like your plates" "Extra small ponies". He looks dejectedly down and quickly pulls a right turn. :rolaugh: I couldn't stop laughing. Poor guy.

Lance,

Are out terrorizing Orange County again?

:2tu:

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Funny, but a bit arrogant for my taste. That "poor guy" probably worked pretty hard to get that car and he's probably proud of it. Not everyone can afford a Viper. Besides, IMO it give us Viper owners a bad image when we get cocky like that.

PittsburghRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Funny, but a bit arrogant for my taste. That "poor guy" probably worked pretty hard to get that car and he's probably proud of it. Not everyone can afford a Viper. Besides, IMO it give us Viper owners a bad image when we get cocky like that.

I totally agree Brian.

yogibayer

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I don't think the wife in this story was being condescending. I know my wife shops for all of the clothes in the family and XS means extra small in clothing. So I don't think she grasped the excess from XS, but took it as extra small in an honest mistake as I bet many folks might make. It was a mistake and a funny one at that. Just a story that makes people laugh at the misunderstanding and not condescending imho.

2000_Black_RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think the wife in this story was being condescending. I know my wife shops for all of the clothes in the family and XS means extra small in clothing. So I don't think she grasped the excess from XS, but took it as extra small in an honest mistake as I bet many folks might make. It was a mistake and a funny one at that. Just a story that makes people laugh at the misunderstanding and not condescending imho.

Interesting theory, but surely my wife would have missed that one being a 6' 1" gal..

tbsviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree. Viper was not my first car and likely won't be my last. My first was a 66 Mustang, 200 C.I, 120 HP that could go 105 MPH downhill with a strong wind and I was as proud of that car then as I am of my Viper now. Besides, I thought XS PONYS stood for Extra Strength PONYS :)

Last edited:
OP
OP

02 Graphite GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You could not have hit the nail any more square than this.

I know she didn't say it to be arrogant or condescending at all. It's not her or me to be like that at all. It was just her interpretation of "XS PONYS" and it made me laugh. I guess at the "poor guy's" expense...but no real harm done.

Time to put this thread to sleep.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Lance,
I took it to mean that she was knowingly being sarcastic, which struck me as classless.

But if she actually thought it meant "extra small", well, then, thats a horse of a different color, and its hilarious! My wife has alternate interpretations of various words and phrases, too. I should write them in a book, it would keep you rolling on the floor!

Now I think this story is a riot!

zoomie

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Pulled up next to a Shelby GT500 coupe yesterday at a light near home. We both eased out of the light, then he punched it.. so of course I caught up.. then let him go.. no more tickets needed. I pulled into the gas station, but he kept on going. Looked nice, ran pretty well..

Reaction score
:confused: No reason to come down on anyone for laughing. I got a great kick out of it too and shared it with my Cobra owning buddy. He thought it was hilarious too. We all love whatever car(s) we have and love to push the buttons of our "rivals". As car people (that's for you Juli), we give and take a bit of teasing all the time. That's what makes it fun. But the true vehicle lovers out there respect all and see the beauty in the designs.

:drive: If you are into anything other than a stock Kia, you have to have an ego and a sense of humor when it comes to other cars and drivers. Especially here in Florida.

Drive on, tease and be teased! Remember, sometimes your the windshield, sometimes your the bug. Your wife clearly was the windshield!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62