Got Busted Street Racing!!!!

knuk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bigcarrot not sure where you dug up your stats on boating and racing but every weekend I turn the news on (in British Columbia) only to hear of more teenagers being killed street racing. You seem to think it's okay to have 200-300 deaths a year from street racing, well why not ask some of the families of the victims and the families of the innocent victims if they think the loss of life is okay. Would it still be okay if it was you kid, brother friend etc.? In our province we get an automatic 1 yr license suspension, on the spot, for racing and they can also take the car. Still we do have racing and many get killed...you seem to think it's a joke.

knuk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SSunburn, Bush is the leader of the US and no other part of the world, please keep him there :smirk:

OP
OP
M

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This thread is getting way too serious.

About driving around Amarillo at speed. There are very real risk even with open roads.

Road Hazards
man that's too funny
You must be registered for see images

Danny c

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This thread is going no place, no one will change anyone's view on speeding. For anyone that had an image of us shuting down industrial parks and racing with civics please get that out of your head. All that happend is we went for a nice drive down to the beach and in a group of exotic cars. everyone played around a little and we just had bad luck by having a cop on his way to work cruising next to us.

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SSunburn, Bush is the leader of the US and no other part of the world, please keep him there :smirk:

You're right, Bush is the leader of the most powerful country in the world. We'll keep him! BTW, what is Canada good for? Celine Dion? Hockey players? You can keep them, OK? Oh, and you're right, street racing isn't as safe as sitting at home in your fortified house with body armor and a football helmet on, but it's not as dangerous as you're making it out to be! Just consider it an extreme sport. Lots of people get hurt and killed each year racing motocross. Is that an epidemic? Would I be crushed if my brother died racing a dirt bike? You bet! Do I think it should be outlawed? Of course not!

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Big Carrot, What you continue to ignore is that nobody has a right to expose others to risk that they themselves don't wish to participate in. It's the same reason we are not allowed to drive drunk. Same reason I can't use your house for a backstop to sight in my deer rifle. Despite the fact that street racing doesn't kill as many as drunk driving does not make it acceptable. It is a willful disregard of the safety of the public using the streets. And yes speeding is against the law and kills thousands each year.

knuk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yup we have Celine but were smart enough to send her south of the border so you would have to put up with her music. And yes we do produce a large majority of NHL players as most players on American teams are Canadians...think about it.
We still don't want Bush!

knuk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Give me a break! He has a few screws loose and a few bolts! The guy can't even name other world leaders, and doesn't even know which country does the most trade with the US - he thinks Mexico - DUHHHH

BlueGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think a distinction can be made between true street racing (from a stop) and making highway pulls. I have never heard of a fatality from a highway pull. All the accidents I read about are cars rapped around telephone poles because two guys were racing and could not negotiate the turn. When the road is straight and no intersections are present, the level of danger goes down significantly. This does not make highway pulls right, but it does reduce the danger.

With that said, anyone going over 65 is breaking the law. To argue otherwise is foolish. I am willing to bet however that 90% of the people on this board have made a highway pull to over 100mph. In all of those instances the driver was in the wrong. I hope that the people preaching are not in that 90%.

DanElam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ah. What can I say? You know street racing is bad and stupid, but you get excited by the thrill of it. If only you would go to your local track and actually learn to drive... I teach all of my students that I have yet to find someone who didn't know how to push the accelerator - there is no glory for the driver. (If you are the tuner, maybe, but certainly not the driver.) When I instruct, I am constantly having to explain to the other instructors that not all Viper owners have bigger balls than brains, but all too frequently Viper owners end up making the Vette guys looking intelligent. Sheesh.

A friend of mine in town (some of you know how so I won't mention his name and incriminate the guilty) was cruising in his 2003 and decided to take an empty bridge at about 120MPH. The cop car pulls up behind him, but doesn't turn on his lights. My buddy takes off through the downtown area (deserted). To make a long story short, they added several police cars, but none of the cars ever turned on their lights. He ended up cutting a deal at the courthouse for a hefty fine and some points. The police decided they didn't want to risk it since they hadn't turned on their lights and my buddy didn't want to risk losing his car and going to jail. He is now thinking of selling his car or at least getting something else and driving at the track so he gets it out of his system.

(Of course, going to the track doesn't necessarily mean smart. Check out this Viper owner who decided to skip practice and start from the back of a race just months after wrecking the car. http://www.elams.org/Racing/2002/Kershaw%202002%20Summer/Viper_small.mpg )

Viperzilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Street racing has been around longer than you ACR Joe! It's probably been around longer than anyone on this board! Many more people die each year in boating accidents than in street racing, but we don't outlaw that, do we? It's really not as bad as the media makes it out to be! How many people die each year in street racing accidents in this country? 200? 300? I'm willing to bet that more people die from choking on potato chips! Let's outlaw those too!
You guys hear about the CA lawyer wanting to ban Oreos from the state because they have transfatty acids or something or other? Someone please tell the lawyer that parents hold the responsibility, not the cookie!

BACKNBLACK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was there that day, no one from NY can comment on this because you do not no the road. It was only built to support beach traffic during the summer and at the time it was 40 out so no beach Traffic! Moudir is not some immature kid in a civic that has no driving skills or restraint. Everyone out that day was an adult taking there cars out for a cruise with other performance cars just for fun......of course we are going to mess around but we didnt shut down the whole road and had the intention to race. The only reason we got pulled over is because we had a cop on his way to work driving next to us.
-Danny

Danny, what do you mea I dont know the road???Look up on my post and you will see what I wrote..I own that road dude.. hit 168MPH last year with two police officers in there 911 Turbos..You heard it right..To detective!!!!!!!!!It called Ocean parkway and the big monument looks like a big prck in the midle of the road:)))

danny001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I go with bigcarrot.I like to race my car at non-resident street late at night.