GOT BUYER FOR MY DIABLO..07 SRT COUPE HERE I COME!

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
See I knew there was no 07'. The 08' should be a site. See how it is mybe trade my 06' for 08' coupe. Congrats Adam! What color scheme.

Interesting, as I have never seen anything in writing from DC that said that. Repeating rumors on the Internet just doesn't count. As per the post you are probably referencing:

<font color="red"> NOTE: Some of the "future" information contained here may be based on rumors and/or speculation, past production trends, a few wild guesses etc. and may not be 100% accurate. </font>

You own the very best example of the Viper ever made. I am thinking about one of those '06 Coupes myself after seeing them in Scottsdale!

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Buyer flew in from Seattle today and gave me deposit..Shes sold...NOW TO GO FIND A NEW COUPE! :headbang:

And an accompanying new avatar when you do find a new coupe ;) :2tu:

BLUESNAKE367

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you guys want to wait till 08 to buy that new Coupe,or Vert, I think that is great, but, you will only be saying then, that you wished you had done it two years earlier..

Please dont put the purchase on hold because of rumors of some big HP increases for 08...DCX has not stated anything like that,atleast I have seen no solid proof of that, everyone is just borrowing more eventuall let down....

Buy that new Viper, and drive that snake like you stole it....and if they do bring out more HP in 08, well, we will cross that one when it happens...IMHO

ResumeSpeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The 2008 Viper info has recently been updated, mainly to confirm the continuation of the "ZB" platform:

ZB ………… 2007 ………… XX-XX ………… XX-XX ………… Viper (model year skipped)
ZB ………… 2008 ………… 01-07 ………… 00-00 ………… Viper convertible
ZB ………… 2008 ………… 01-07 ………… 00-00 ………… Viper coupe

In summary:

2007 - model year skipped; 4-mo plant shutdown
2008 - ZB platform; new 8.4L engine; most other features and options exactly the same as 2006 model year.

There is speculation that there will be some major exterior cosmetic changes but nothing "confirmed so far". But as for the other info above, dead accurate. If anyone has any doubt bookmark this post and check back when the '08 info is officially announced (probably in September I was told). Production of the 2008 models will start in January 2007 and will hit dealers a month or two later.

ResumeSpeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ResumeSpeed.............Not dismissing yor post , but, .....who are you?
I'm a Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep enthusiast and have been a contributor to a variety of different boards and web sites over the years. I am not a Viper owner but love the car and many other DCX vehicles. Will drive a Viper for the first time at one of the SRT Track experience events this year and really look forward to it. I follow a lot of the information and rumors of current and future DCX vehicles and pretty much know the sources that are reliable and the ones that are less so and have accumulated a few reliable inside contacts along the way as well.