Got my VIN Number

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is interesting we are four cars apart, what color did you order, if you are a red car and I am black that means the colors are mixed together and not being run in batches as we thought. Steve, Joe can you comment?

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As we know red is coming first, or so I have been told, unless they are building them all at the same time, which I have been told is not happening. If they are supposed to be building them in batches with red first, we got some early black cars! By any chance are you doing pickup at the plant? Maybe we could get together. Who is your dealer? I'm through Woodhouse.

VOI9 ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I remember right... I think I heard that the VIN's may have nothing to do with the time frame the cars are built. In other words... you may have a low VIN # but you car may come out later in the build sequence.

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Assigning Vin #'s and getting the car built are two different factors. I have not confirmed this but I was told that they will assign all of the vin's and then start production. The best case scenario will be when you dealer gets 5 vin's in the system, then you will know a full truck is on the way. But keep in mind, you could see vin's in the 200's, 400's even 900's on the same truck.

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No you are right, they will deliver to an area, but if a dealer has a full truck they tend to see full load faster than partial loads.

VOI9 ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rt10and911 - Are you sure you have a VIN # and not a VON #? Is the VIN # different than your Viper Certificate #?

SpeedRacer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually, the build order will be 100 red, 100 black, 100 silver, but that has nothing to do with when they are released. They will already have 150 cars built by Oct. 1st, assuming they stay on schedule. Therefore, you could get your black car just as quick as the red cars, assuming you have one of the first 50 black cars built. So, even though a lot of cars will be finished well before Oct. 1, none will be released that day or possibly later.
I got the above info when I was at CAAP recently. Also, they will be built in batches of 30, not 40, after the first 300 cars.