Gotta know...because I forgot and can't find it...

viperprowler1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Re: Gotta know...because I forgot and can\'t find it...

R/T stands for Road and Track. It was first used by Dodge in 1967 on the beautiful Coronet R/T and then in 1968 on the gorgeous Charger R/T and has been used through the decades in various permutations, some of which were certainly not deserving of this classic nomemclature. The high point of Dodge's use of this wonderful identifier was on the 1992 Viper RT/10 and it continues on to this very day. Long live the R/T!!

VIPERESS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

hmmmmmm...although perhaps not politically correct...I was under the impression that the "RT" stood for "RICER TORTURER", now I suppose there is a slight chance, that I could be mistaken. Have a wonderful day!!
Laura
devil.gif
BURNOUT.gif

OP
OP
V

viperprowler1

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Laura,

If you say it, I like it! Heck, it's at least as plausible as my explanation above? Keep up the great posts! You bring a distinctive "classiness" that would be missing if you were not to be a contributing member of these threads. Looking forward to future posts I assure you! Have a great day!

VIPERESS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thank you Viperprowler1 for your kind words. You know when you have one of those days, where a kind word really "makes a difference", well, for me, today was one of those days, I needed that, Thanks. You are very sweet. You too, have a wonderful day.
Laura
devil.gif
BURNOUT.gif

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper