grang insurance???

ryan94rt10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
just wondering if anyone has ever had a total loss claim against grange ins?...my policy is up soon and i asked them thier policy when a total loss claim is made on a viper...they said they use an independent company to evluate the cars for sale in my area to get the value of the car, and i was wondering if they do a fair job in this case...any help would be great...thanks

A1998

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ryan:

Call your Grange agent and ask him if your car is covered for Actual Cash Value, Stated Value, (Same as ACV) or Agreed Value. If it's not Agreed Value you could very well have some problems. They would probably use an Independent Company , maybe CCC to evalute your car and their could be more trouble. Other than that, I would tell you to keep every documentation and receipt that you have on the car. It will be up to you to proove what the Actual Cash Value of your car is at the time of a loss. Hagerty sells a No hassle Agreed Value Policy if you are interested. I know this because I've been there!!

A1998

pocketAA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been reading alot inregards to these types of threads. So do most insurance companies put our cars under actual cash value? I have a Geico policy and really do not know what type of policy I have in regards to ACV or Agreed Value.

Klayfish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, almost all insurance policies value cars based on ACV. That's much easier to come up with on cars like the Camry, Accord, Taurus, etc... as they're a dime a dozen and don't have any collectible value. Cars like the Viper can be much more difficult to determine the "ACV" because the car is rare, is a collectible and varies so much depending on mileage, condition, etc....

Agreed value policies are generally done by specialty insurance companies. They agree to give you xx,*** if the car is totalled. The premium is cheap. But the policy is restrictive and you MUST abide by it. Some standard auto policies will write an agreed value, but you have to ask.

If you have your Viper on a standard "ACV" policy, then as has been said, just keep all documentation. If the car gets totalled, you may have to do some legwork, but you'll likely wind up with a fair settlement. The insurance company will likely use a service, whether it's CCC or a book like NADA, to come up with a value. If you think it's wrong, you can provide them with proof. Things such as receipts, ads showing other cars similar to yours, etc... If you can document and prove their offer is inaccurate, they will change it and base it on the proof you've provided. Believe me, they'd rather pay you the extra couple thousand dollars than have to defend a case in court where you've got proof they undervalued the car. Not good business practices.

Steve

NOTV8

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Go with the "agreed value" for peace of mine. You can put any amount you want just emember that premium will be higher the more value you put on it. Shop around. You'll be surprise how cheap some insurance are... or high. Good luck :2tu:

OP
OP
R

ryan94rt10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
thanks guys for all your help...

i called the claims adjuster and he told me they use ccc and that they would search the area locally and regoinally to get the estimated value...this is fine by me b/c most of the cars for sale around here like mine are for fair asking price! i was concerened b/c the kelly blue book is so low i didn't want to get screwed if they used this...but it sound like they don't do that!!!

once again thanks for your input guys!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960