Great price on 2006 coupe

mrnycguy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know this has been gone over before, but the most recent post I found pertaining to this subject is mid 2007. What I am interested in knowing is in our current market what is considered a good deal to motivate me as a buyer on a 2006 red silver striped coupe? What are your opinions on what are a good dealer purchase prices as well as private seller prices?
Thanks for any helpful feedback.

AB.

OP
OP
M

mrnycguy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys
I’m looking for one in great condition and with around 5k (+/- 2k) miles.

oufan2929

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I wouldn't spend more than $52k! There are some steals out there! If you find just what you are looking for and it's mint, then do what you have to do to buy it, but don't settle for anything else unless you get a smokin deal!!!

VIPER 2006

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am for getting a good deal but the problem is that every Viper that sells cheap sets the market value for all of us that owen these wonderful machines.

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know this has been gone over before, but the most recent post I found pertaining to this subject is mid 2007. What I am interested in knowing is in our current market what is considered a good deal to motivate me as a buyer on a 2006 red silver striped coupe? What are your opinions on what are a good dealer purchase prices as well as private seller prices?
Thanks for any helpful feedback.

AB.

I just sold a nice one for high 50's this week Don't buy price, by a quality car the difference is probably less than 10%. Also, if your looking at a red/silver you need to be aware at the 5-10 skip barber cars that are out there. But, if you're just looking at price maybe thats the way you should go? You'll be able to find a hard life one for $50K,

06_coupe_27th.JPG

OP
OP
M

mrnycguy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
redtanrt10: Thanks, I know I saw your car listed and was sad o see it sold, and I have been avoiding any cars that were or even give me the vibe of being skip cars.

I was looking at a car here in TX that was priced at 70k then went to 63k with about 2k miles, I almost moved on it but it just didn’t feel like a smoking deal at all.

I am very particular about all of my fun cars and some sellers look at me funny when I show up to see a car with a mirror and a towel for the ground. But I did talk to Bill Pemberton who was vary help full and great to talk to and advised me I might want to pick my favorite 3 colors and go from there to find the best deals.

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bill gave you good advice on colors, I looked at multiple ones before I bought. I think from memory there were only 40-45 R/S coupes built and I'll bet at least 5 of them are barber cars. I just saw a nice B/W first addition listed today. Blue silver is a great color too. I spoke to ben @ tomball dodge on the car you referenced, came from a collector and is mint. I called him to get a range on my car, he's a good guy and supports many regional clubs, call him personally, if your serious and ready to buy he'll probably go lower. Buy from a good dealer like Ben or Bill if you go the dealer route, or buy a one-owner that can show you a good history and care. My experience is that most are cheap for a reason, multiple owners and/or cosmetic issues.. They all look great on-line, in person you'll see why there asking low 50's. If your looking today plan on 55K, but same car could be 50K in a month or too, or the car you want could be gone. Best of luck, go buy a viper!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang