GTS Hard Top vs Vert Vipers?

viperDoug

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A picture that proves the GTS is the best. ;)

My RT/10 does pretty well for itself ;) :D

9192100_1005.jpg

UHM...she did get second place. Was first place in the GTS? ;)
Both cars are awesome! If you own a viper, that's all you need to know. :2tu:

Zan186

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well the GTS is one up over the RT because as you notice in the picture above the RT got the 2nd Runner up. As we all know the GTS is the best so that means the SRT must of been the 1st runner up.

From the front the GTS and the RT are both very good looking. The SRT is still a nice looking car, but I think some of the curves got straightened out. Kind of like the old 69 to 82 corvette's to the new vette's. Yeah the new Vette was a lot faster than the old but I think it lost is body style appeal. Looks like a wedge. Now the new Viper's and the new Vette's are quite similar in appearance from a distance. Once you get closer you can tell that each car is different but far a way they look very close. Yes it is sad that the new Vet's are copying the Viper but that is what they do copy!

Now from the back the GTS is the best looking! Sorry the RT has no ass! The SRT looks better but I hate the way the RT looks from the back. The spoiler really helps, but personally I wish they did something on the back.

Versatility the RT and the SRT are superior to the GTS. GTS you get to roll the windows up and down! That is all! RT you can go ******* or put the bra back on (sorry but when I think ******* that is what I think of lol)

Anyways, even though I think the RT is ranking last in the viper line, it is still a Viper and would be proud to own it rather than anything else!

OKViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Solid Colors : Either RT/10 or GTS, both look good in their own way.

Stripes : GTS all the way.

IMO : Nothing looks better than a Gen II with stripes, so GTS was the winner for me...

KepRght

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the first viper I fell in love with was in 92 & it was an RT

the second viper i fell in love with was a solid black RT

When I saw the GTS i fell over

I bought the GTS & plan to someday buy an RT

Randy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
jay01m wrote:
It is somewhat proven that the GTS handles better than the RT when at speed.
"Somewhat proven", as "in your dreams". :cool: It most certainly is not proven.

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
IMHO, a hardtop is the way to go if you race but for the street a convertible adds so much to the driving experiance.

OP
OP
G

gringoray

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, I appreciate all the great feedback guys.

Wastntim, your yellow Viper, is it a 2002? Your hard top, what brand is that? I think yours looks the best I have seen yet. If I buy the RT, I want the best looking, lightest, most functionable top I can get. That said, what is the Forum's recommendation on the best top for the RT?

Thanks again.

wastntim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, I appreciate all the great feedback guys.

Wastntim, your yellow Viper, is it a 2002? Your hard top, what brand is that? I think yours looks the best I have seen yet. If I buy the RT, I want the best looking, lightest, most functionable top I can get. That said, what is the Forum's recommendation on the best top for the RT?

Thanks again.

My top is the A.P. engineering three piece. I love the top and its functionality. Nice and lite as well. I did have him install it though, and that seemed like a bit of work. Definately works though and the practicality can't be beat.

OP
OP
G

gringoray

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I suppose the A.P. Engineering top is the best. Well, as son as I can find a 99-02 yellow Viper, I will look into buying this top.

Thanks again.

By-the-way, if you guys were looking at the 1999-2002 year Viper, which year is the considered the best?

I appreciate all the help and feedback.

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I suppose the A.P. Engineering top is the best. Well, as son as I can find a 99-02 yellow Viper, I will look into buying this top.

Thanks again.

By-the-way, if you guys were looking at the 1999-2002 year Viper, which year is the considered the best?

I appreciate all the help and feedback.
==============================================================================

1999 is the last Viper with forged pistons which is good mostly if you want to mod it with power adders. 2000 is the first year with hypereutectic cast pistons. 2001 is the 1st year for ABS brakes. Those are the major differences in those years (other than color options) and personal preference and intended use is mostly what decides which year other than price.

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The GTS is the better looking of the two if you ask me but there is something to be said about not having a roof. The GTS's seem to be going for a little more money, not sure why.

wastntim

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks again.

It sounds like you've made the right choice. :2tu: If you want a yellow RT you are going to need to decide between 01 or 02. No yellow's produced in 99 or 00. 02 is the final year of Gen II. That's probably the only difference.

YouWish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The GTS is the better looking of the two if you ask me but there is something to be said about not having a roof. The GTS's seem to be going for a little more money, not sure why.
Duh...because it is the most coveted Viper!!! J/K Basically there are alot more RT-10's than GTS so thus the price differance.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang