Hardtops For Convertibles

V10BAT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey guys.just thought it may be good to have as many hardtop pics
in one place.i cant wait to get one.there seems to be two different makes out there??
so if you have some pics stick em on here thanks guys.and i hope its ok to put these
pics on here.

You must be registered for see images attach

thanks to these guys:D some more would be great.:) and any info;)

SRTLEN

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Mine is the all black one without stripes from Jeff Lemke. Excellent quality and best looking IMHO.
Also, Jeff is a great guy to deal with. Give him a call if you have any questions.

Len

V

Venomiss

This is the brand new autoform top our secretary Ron Kooser just received for his Viper.
Looks very good and he will have it painted to match the stripes in the next few weeks.

meetingkcviper6.jpg

The rear window looks streamlined and fits well.

meetingkcviper5.jpg

meetingkcviper4.jpg

This is a nice addition and Ron also received his front fascia that will be put on too.
Both parts came in big boxes to his house the day of the meeting.
It's nice to be retired from driving trains. More time for Viper events says Ron.:)

meetingkcviper3.jpg

V

Venomiss

Found these from an earlier thread from Dave Moore and his 05 Copper vert.

Here are a few more pictures of the Autoform Top. I forgot to mention before that it has a bit more head room than the vert top. This is nice when putting on a helmet for track days. Good Luck
Dave

DWM_3814_edited-1.jpg

DWM_4235ac.jpg

DWM_3808zx.jpg

DWM_3779_edited-1.jpg

OP
OP
V

V10BAT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey thanks men,real helpful.:smirk:shipping to england aint gonna be cheap,but has to be done.:Dlarge box you say,not gonna fit in my holiday case then;)
any color any angle ,keep em coming.later guys Dave

XCELR8N

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I really like the look of the silver SRT that is the pictures that are the 4th and 5th from the bottom of the original post. Who makes that top? On some of the other tops the rear window seems to not fit as smoothly.

Thanks...

dragon rider

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If your plan on racing, check to see if Jeffs tops are Scca approved. If not, you will still have to get a real role bar.

OP
OP
V

V10BAT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I really like the look of the silver SRT that is the pictures that are the 4th and 5th from the bottom of the original post. Who makes that top? On some of the other tops the rear window seems to not fit as smoothly.

Thanks...

yep ,it does look stunning ,you have a keen eye ref,the smooth window edge.i think its one of jeffs.it may be a new way they do the rear glass?or could it be diff if you have glass or lexan.looks great without the rubber seal showing.
poss at this stage,the pics will help me make the choice,i can then get the smaller details
when im ready to order.
oh heres one for you,do both still retain the softop on the car,sorry ,i dont mean up:D
thanks again guys,this is going to help me ,and others im sure.:2tu:

Jeff Lemke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To clarify, the red hardtop showing the rubber strip is the prototype top, and the production versions are not made that way. The rear glass is installed from the underside like the silver car as discussed above.

Jeff

XCELR8N

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Jeff, Thanks for clarifying that your production hard tops do not have the protruding external seal. I like the look without it. I have two questions about your hard top.

1 - Is your hard top SCCA approved like some other hard tops are?
2 - Does your hard top change the amount of room inside the vehicle? Does your top increase or reduce the amount of vertical clearance between the stock soft top and the seat? (If I can sit comfortably with a helet on with m soft top up, can I assume I will have the same clearance with your top?)

Thanks....

Jeff Lemke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jeff, Thanks for clarifying that your production hard tops do not have the protruding external seal. I like the look without it. I have two questions about your hard top.

1 - Is your hard top SCCA approved like some other hard tops are?
2 - Does your hard top change the amount of room inside the vehicle? Does your top increase or reduce the amount of vertical clearance between the stock soft top and the seat? (If I can sit comfortably with a helet on with m soft top up, can I assume I will have the same clearance with your top?)

Thanks....

The quick answers to your questions are no and no. I submitted my information to SCCA some time ago and never heard back. I simply have not taken the time to do a follow up.

I noticed a statement about holding up during a roll over. Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I've always understood that task is soley the job of proper roll bars/cage. The job of a hardtop is to keep passengers inside the car, not hold a car up when rolling over.

That being said, this is a really tough top.

Also, interior room is real close to what a soft top is, but about 5/8" lower on the roof. Styling is always my #1 priority and people fitting in the car comes in second (it's a problem I have). If you need more clearance than a soft top then the Autoform may be the way to go.

Thanks for the nice comments everyone!

Jeff

B767DRIVER

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Another vote for Jeff's top! If you want rollover protection you can install roll bar. If you need the extra head room you can get a seat lowering kit to lower the seat by up to 2".

OP
OP
V

V10BAT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey hi guys.
thought i`d let you know what happened.
i went with jeffs top in the end.Nice to have the choice.
came in a large box,which was a work of art in itself.
As im in the uk,the only way i could make up my mind was pics.
both auto form,and jeffs top looked good.i just liked the smooth look of
jeffs top.
The paint is excellent,the inside is finished with a very nice headliner.
i went with the glass rear window,not being able to see both options
i took jeffs advise on that point.
it took no time to install on the car,a quick fiddle with the adjuster at the top front
mounting,and hey that looks unreal.
i did put a little fuzzy velcro on the lower rear part of the hood.this is where the trunk lid contacts the roof,only just slightly.But just wanted to protect the paint .
i found that once you have closed the trunk a few times it all settles down.
All i can say is im well pleased,i just love the effect it gives,now that it is shiney black
top and bottom.
pic time,oh and check out my stripes,any questions feel free:D

Dont forget,if you have more pics stick em here.
Again thanks to jeff for a great product, i`d also like to thank autoform .
without these guys it wouldnt be as much fun as it is.
catch you later.Dave t

V

Venomiss

Your stripes turned out nice. Top looks great and thank you for posting the pictures.

(the sign is pretty funny).

SCLSSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The silver with black fade is my original SRT10. This car was the FIRST SRT10 at Viper Days and is still showing up 5 years later with the same Autoform top on it. If that doesn't speak to lonjevity nothing does. I can't say enough about the quality Autoform puts into their products. Eventually I installed every par Autoform offers for the SRT10, I have nevr had a problem with their products. I sold the car because partially due to their products I got vwry fast in the car and I wanted more safety arounbd me so I moved up the a Comp Coupe.

In case any body is interested my old SRT10 is for sale again. Check out EBAY and the classifieds on the VCA website.

Best of luck with your decision.

Viper Racing League

OP
OP
V

V10BAT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That really looks great!! I have a black hardtop coming from Jeff next week....looking forward to seeing it on the car!! (it also gets silver stripes)

Hey that sounds great,oh your gonna love it.it was a toss up with silver or white stripes
for me,i guess white won:D
stick some pics here if you get the time,if you have any probs,pm me or post here:2tu:

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Question who made that stainless piece between the airbox and radiator? you have more pics?

Vip23er

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Question on Jeffs hardtop and those that have it. We all know that with a vert, you get some annoying rubbing and other sounds in he car, ex. wind noise. Does the hardtop help quiet down some of those noises?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery