Has anyone updated ALL badges to Gen. III?

Status
Not open for further replies.

2000_Black_RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Funny Post.. I wonder if people got upset as in the 1920s to 40s.. The hood emblem evolved from the rad cap. There were companies which made caps, here's an example.

Stant

During the art deco years, there were custom made rad caps, or as they called them mascots, it was a normal thing to do back then.. So in other words.. you are simply changing the mascot.

Call it today's automotive history lesson...
Mike

PS.. if it were the 20's I would warn you to wait for the rad to cool off before changing the mascot.. and again today I would warn you about changing it because it appears you can still get burned by hot air / steam .. :rolaugh:

Last edited:

97snk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it's a great idea. I really like what you did with the third brake light as well. It's your car, do as you like.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I say do it. I'd like to do it also. For those that ay they should not be touched, changed, or otherwise messed with, those cars better be bone stock with zero modification to make that claim. Switching wheels, or God forbid, performance modifications are sheer blasphemy compared to changing badges. It's not like you're marking the car an ACR when it isn't or anything.

The utter stupidity of comparing wheels or stripes etc to the OFFICIAL COMPANY BRANDING shows how much you lack in brand identification concepts.

ADDING a stripe or REMOVING a factory wheel does not alter an original badge, the factory's method of identifying their product.

I would still never do it, aside from your growing support. Oh yeah, this was supposed to be a how-do-you-do-it thread.

Grab a Sawzall and just start hacking at it. That's how you do it.

You must be registered for see images

Purrrrrrrrrrfect.

You must be registered for see images

Status
Not open for further replies.