Have I done a terrible thing...?...tow hitch...

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
a seat in the trailor, I think these will be needed :D

You must be registered for see images attach

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dont forget your biggles hat and scarf :) :) :)
Sidepipes are great just think of the weight saving....
Baz

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I respect that the reason is to track your Viper which looks seriously killer. :headbang:

In the USA used Dodge RAM 1500 trucks can be found for under $5000 and a trailer isn't that expensive either. I will get a truck when I get a second track Viper mostly because if there is a serious engine or transmission, etc failure while racing, I could be left at the track stranded. :hitfan:

Best wishes to you.

Viper Scot

Viper Owner
Reaction score
OK, it's a hitch!!...but, hey...be easy on me...give me a little credit for engineering (it's removable!) and and a lone-viper-female going to the track with tires and tools to show the *** Crap what it's all about over here in the UK!

Does the '*** Crap' include Keith Cowie's Skyline? :D

Paul S Lacey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No great job *** as usual good solid engineering and I love the side pipes, its the only way to have an exhaust.

Not sure some of our cousins from across the pond understand the problems we have with noise, less than 100db on track and the price of gas, added to that trailers to tow a Viper on to the track are the width of some of our roads.

No don't delete this thread its great, and shows how clever the Viper nation can be, spending money is easy making it yourself is far more satisfying.

Randy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Not sure some of our cousins from across the pond understand the problems we have with noise, less than 100db on track and the price of gas, added to that trailers to tow a Viper on to the track are the width of some of our roads.
Well, we've run into noise limits before ourselves - one of my favorite tracks to run is 75 miles from my front door, Laguna Seca, and, just like so many other places, idiots moved in next door to it then started getting laws passed to limit noise. The result is that Laguna Seca has only a few unlimited noise days per year that are reserved for events such as Formula One, Motorcycle Grand Prix, and ALMS, and various lesser levels of noise allowed below that. When I run LS, its usually a 92 DB day, and my old bone-stock '95 RT/10 would run 93.5 db under full throttle in third gear as measured where the noise shack sits between turns 4 and 5, about 50-70 feet to the (right) side of the track - we all figure its the side-pipes on the Gen I that were the problem.

After getting black-flagged and informed by a clueless worker that I *had* to make a modification to the exhaust to be able to go back out on the track, I ignored them and just went out and lifted a slight bit near the shack, and never had any more problems. Most of my fellow club members with modified cars can't even run Laguna Seca due to noise limits.

Granted, I'm glad we don't know personally know the gas prices you have nor have to deal with the wagon-width roads. :cool: