Have to buy another motor, any sugestions

1fast400

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Try to sell it off, just to see. Might be better off and using the money between selling and what you'd spend on a motor to buy a new to you car. Anyone that devalues a car based on a new motor being put in is an idiot. Much like the ones that thing their one of nine color/stripe combo makes a difference. It is a car, big deal.

OP
OP
M

MR_SRL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks so much guys, I know a little bit about cars, but know where near the tech know how as most of you(but I do know how to put 10 quarts of oil in my car). I own the car clear, so I think I will buy another motor, and use what ever equity I have left next year as a down payment on the Gen V.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That was Keith's Viper. Chuck built the motor after it threw a rod bearing. Keith beefed it up to handle boost and 1000HP+. Unfortunately, a dealership wrecked his Viper last year and he may have been parting it out. Try PM'g him OR calling Chuck Tator at Tator's Garage.

dipapa

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess I'm old fashioned! ;)

Hey Greg,

Well just dont modernize... cause I'm sure glad its your thinking and standards that building us good motors!

I'd sure love to have your work on a bitchin chevy motor soon!

now if i could only find that 2002 Z06 in Electron Blue which i bought new and sold a few years back.

Regards
Dimitri

Reaction score
Anyone that devalues a car based on a new motor being put in is an idiot.

I don't know if this was directed at me or not Mike. Hope not. I was just reporting the news. These cars are going to worth a lot of money someday, and the ones with original blocks will be more collectable. Kind of hard to argue that point.

I *think* I gave the guy good advice by telling him to repair his block *if possible* and keep it with the car.

About half the gentlemen I do Viper heads for want their original castings done and put back on the car, so there is a large contigent that likes preserving these cars as they came from the factory.

But if you do think I'm an idiot that's ok! It may be the nicest thing I'm called today! :lmao:

1fast400

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know if this was directed at me or not Mike. Hope not. I was just reporting the news. These cars are going to worth a lot of money someday, and the ones with original blocks will be more collectable. Kind of hard to argue that point.

I *think* I gave the guy good advice by telling him to repair his block *if possible* and keep it with the car.

About half the gentlemen I do Viper heads for want their original castings done and put back on the car, so there is a large contigent that likes preserving these cars as they came from the factory.

But if you do think I'm an idiot that's ok! It may be the nicest thing I'm called today! :lmao:

Would love to see a car sold that was devalued based off a different motor being put in it. These cars AREN'T collectible. These cars can be bought all day in the 30's/40's. That isn't a collectible car. Go look at FGT's, that is something that will have some collector value. By the time these cars have value, we'll be compost in the ground. Someone basing their decision based on the value of their car 50 years from now is stupid.

There are a lot of viper owners who REALLY want their car to be collectible. They just aren't. That's why they sell for the vales they do. They are great cars, fun to mod and a blast to drive. That's it. Nothing more, nothing less. People treating these things like high valued collectible items is just funny.

In his case, he needs to go with the cheapest option that gets his car running again, end of story.

Reaction score
Would love to see a car sold that was devalued based off a different motor being put in it.

Well, I know of one situation where the owner of a Gen 2 FE had his engine rebuilt, only later to discover later that the tuner had swapped blocks on him.

There was legal action, and the tuner bought the engine back for a handsome sum.

The owner got his original block returned and had *it* built up and re-installed in the car.

Black or white. Pick a color.

Reaction score
Hi guys, threw a rod back in October, after fighting Dodge I have finally given up and now need to buy another motor. Found a 04' (my car is an 04') with 15k miles for $7500. Any other suggestions on other places would be greatly appreciated.
You have a PM...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte