Head liner coming down

musclenutz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone had their headliner come off? I just noticed mine is pulling away from the back and is about half a foot loose from the back and the (cardboard i guess)seems to be falling down. I will probably take it to an auto upholsterer to get it fixed but just wondered if anyone else here has had this happen ?
Thanks,David

94 Red RT/10 Bubble top

Olddudesrule

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldn't call it common, but any car over 10-15 years old is subject to the "sag". Just replaced one on my son's Eclipse. Not really a big deal at all, just somewhat labor intensive. You can purchase the material online from numerous sources, and do it yourself in a day. Just do your best to keep the cardboard section of the headliner intact, because if you damage that, I'm sure it will be a bit pricy to replace. You might try gluing up the section that's sagging with spray on headliner adhesive as a temp fix.

OP
OP
M

musclenutz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks,i will probably do it myself. I am taking her in for a gear change(355's),header gasket change, new AB plug wires ,new Michelin tires and a new B&M short throw shifter on the twenty first at the dealership. Just finished my garage and have been shining her up .LOL...Even doing that is fun on a Viper. I will wait until i get her back and do the headliner.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang