Head room in 2003 vs. GTS

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, look at it this way, 2003 is true convertible, no limit to headroom, plus newest design is to be perfect driver over all previous vipers, and there are no serious headroom issues unless you are over 6'3" or so in current GTS. But 2003 not released for at least a year, why do you think anyone would know the answer to the question? Although, some of our officers and better connected folks have probably sat in the prototype with the top up, which I guess is your concern.Can anyone help?

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
While I am not tall (5'-10") I can tell you that the new Viper has much more leg and head room. It was also much easier to enter and exit. I think I heard at the press release that they had increased headroom by 4"? I know short people like me will have no problem putting a helmet on with the top up.

OP
OP
H

HowardBJr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I’ve got a 2003 on order and I’m hoping the headroom is better than the GTS. I’m only 6’2” but I’m long from the seat up so headroom is a real concern. My wife’s Lexus SC400 is the most uncomfortable car I’ve ever driven. There is no way to position the seat so my head doesn’t hit the headliner. If I put the seat at exactly the right position and lean towards the center of the car I can just get my head to clear the headliner. I don’t want to have to do this in my Viper. I’ve sat in a GTS and found it to be almost as uncomfortable as my wife’s car. I understand that a seat lower kit can fix the GTS problem however I’m hoping it will not be an issue with the 2003 model. I would like to hear from someone who has sat in the 2003 model or has some hard data on headroom.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi