Helen Ga, Day Trip, Sept 7th (Saturday)

CaptainDavid

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Finally we are planning a day trip to Helen Ga, and we need your input. Helen is a tourist town, replicating a small German alpine village, about one and a quarter hours away (for a normal car). Seems September 7[SUP]th[/SUP] Saturdayis the best date. Lets meet for a caravan at 9:30 Convoy Location: 3550 Gwinnett Place Drive Duluth, GA 30096(Gwinnett Place *******)
We need to know the following:
1. Who will attend ( Post here or email Scott)
2. Where for lunch, here are the options, please vote on one of these places. ( I will call the one we choose and give them fair warning)
Bondensee( German)
North Georgia Bar B Q
The Meeting Place ( American, closes at 3:00)
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurants-g35004-Helen_Georgia.html

Or we could go to Unicoi State Park, they serve Lunch http://www.unicoilodge.com/default.aspx?pg=dining

Helen offers, River Tubing, mini golf, hiking trails, waterfalls, tourist traps, museums,lots of shopping, gold mining, trout fishing ( must have licence Maybe Larry can bring those Viper fishing poles) Please Advise

OP
OP
C

CaptainDavid

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fine tuning our plans for Day trip toHelen, Ga.
CaptainDavid will meet Bruce and others at 9:30 am Sat Sept7[SUP]th[/SUP]
At :3550 Gwinnett Place Drive Duluth, GA 30096(Gwinnett Place *******)
We willthen drive to Dale’s house( which is on the way) and meet the rest of themembers for brunch/Breakfast, then on to Helen.
Scottand Warren have done a preliminary scouting of Helen and the best place forlunch is the Nacoochee Grill www.nacoocheegrill.com good Viper parking, good food, good prices.( after all we are all saving up for a Gen V) SEE YA THERE !

Don’tforget. September 14[SUP]th[/SUP] MOPAR Southern Classic Car Show
Time:9:00 AM - 4:00 PM

1001 Cherry Drive
Braselton, GA 30517

AlsoSeptember 21[SUP]st[/SUP] and 22[SUP]nd[/SUP] NOPI NATIONAL SUPER SPEED SHOW
500 E Ridgeway Road Commerce, GA 30529

Duke52

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm a new member and was able to clear my schedule last minute and would really like to attend.

Would it be possible for my wife and I to join last minute or would it create a problem with the logistics?

Duke52

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That was such a great time. It was great to meet you guys. We look forward to seeing you again soon!