Help. Clutch slave cylinder coupling.

Mad Max

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
Any tricks or words of advise on how to get the coupling to uncouple on the line into the slave cylinder? No matter what I try I'm unsuccesful. The red ring will push in slightly and I don't know what to do from there.

lxadeuce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There should be a plastic ring on the out of part, push that in while pulling out on the line. Mine had somehow come off so I pulled the line at the master. It *** a small rolled pin that you can push out then remove the line.

OP
OP
M

Mad Max

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You are right. After finding this picture it appears that the plastic ring is missing. Looks like I will remoce the roll pin at the mater.

Thanks!

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You are right. After finding this picture it appears that the plastic ring is missing. Looks like I will remoce the roll pin at the mater.

Thanks!

Mad Max,

Don't re-use the fluid line if white plastic retainer has broken off, replace the entire Master Cylinder and I highly recommend replacing your Mopar HRB as well.., for safety & relaibility reasons of course. If you need these new parts please feel free to give us a call, we stock all the Mopar parts mentioned. FYI, we specialize in Viper Clutch Kits and have a variety of well developed components that will fit your Viper's specific application..

Good luck & thnx,

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE
Toddy
1337 North Market Blvd. Ste 100
Sacramento, Ca. 95834
(916) 505-9026
[email protected]

=DISTRIBUTORS OF POWER=:usa:

lxadeuce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mad Max,

Don't re-use the fluid line if white plastic retainer has broken off, replace the entire Master Cylinder and I highly recommend replacing your Mopar HRB as well.., for safety & relaibility reasons of course. If you need these new parts please feel free to give us a call, we stock all the Mopar parts mentioned. FYI, we specialize in Viper Clutch Kits and have a variety of well developed components that will fit your Viper's specific application..

Good luck & thnx,

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE
Toddy
Sacramento, Ca. 95834
(916) 505-9026
[email protected]

why? its a stainless line and is designed to come off at the master with that pin. i replaced the slave so i had to use a grinder to get to the metal clip in the old slave to come out but did not damage the new one in any way and i replaced the o-ring. the old line snapped right in with no problems.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks!

Looks remarkably like the pic I took for my Gen 2 tranny R&R DIY at the alley. You are welcome.

And +1 on you don't need a new line.

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mad Max,

In the spirit of a correct fix, if this is the white plastic slip key your looking for give me a call and I'll send it to you for free.. We modifify (upgrade) inhouse all of our Mopar master cylinders with -AN fittings so I have a pretty good selection of good quality clutch components in my boneyard..:usa:

Hope this can help fix your situation..

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE
Toddy
Sacramento, Ca 95834
(916) 505-9026
[email protected]

lxadeuce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mad Max,

Good luck & thnx,

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE
Toddy
Sacramento, Ca. 95834
(916) 505-9026
[email protected]

why? its a stainless line and is designed to come off at the master with that pin. i replaced the slave so i had to use a grinder to get to the metal clip in the old slave to come out but did not damage the new one in any way and i replaced the o-ring. the old line snapped right in with no problems.

??? I'd like to know, what issues could i have since i didn't do this? replace the Master because the clip on the line broke?

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
??? I'd like to know, what issues could i have since i didn't do this? replace the Master because the clip on the line broke?

lxadeuce,

The Mopar MS is not designed to be serviced, it's a sealed assembly that when damaged or broken is basically a through-away part. Clips, seals an fluid lines are basically not avaliable.. You may be able to find replacement parts or rebuld kits on the aftermarket, but at under $150 I would suggest wait till next payday and do a correct factory repair IMO. Removing the roll pin from the MS is not the proper way to disengage your fluid line, that's the quick release couplers function. I understand this may need to be done so one could remove the T-56 or TR-6060 and properly repair the broken coupler slip clip and remove or service the HRB, but without reinstalling a coupler slip clip this means that every time one needs to service their clutch system you'll need to remove the roll pin from the MS fluid line, not adviseable long term. It could create a potential relaibilty issue somewhere down the line, especially if high mileage or old part.. I would personally figure out why it's not on the coupler..? What happened, did it break off on it's own (not likely), did the mechanic pull instead of push (maybe), and is the HRB side of things damaged (possible)..??? A proper inspection is always advised because things are usually a cause & effect.

We specialize and build upgraded stock replacement and high end competition race clutch kit's - HRB's - MS assemblies for Viper and our customers won't except faliures in a racing & street performance situation do to lack of integrity in our components. I have found it best to error on the side of caution, when giving clients or other Viper owners advice to potentially consider. As the official clutch builder for the SRT-Viper Cup, we created the recommended service instruction manual for DMS (Dodge MotorSports) and to perectly frank I require at time of an ACR-X clutch upgrade or rebuild service intervals that if running a stock Mopar HRB that it be replaced with a new unit because of their faliure rate.. This is why DMS asked if we could engineer a new HRB option to fix this issue, so we did with our completely servicable HRB assembly..

I hope this make a bit of sense, so at this point I'm going to "TAP-OUT"!!

Thnx,

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE
Toddy
Sacramento, CA 95834
(916) 505-9026
[email protected]

(OE upgraded replacement BBG VIPER HRB)

(BBG modified MOPAR VIPER MS)

(BBG Triple Disc VIPER ALMS-Comp Coupe Race Clutch Kits our New Radius Bearing HRB)

(BBG VIPER Radius Bearing Race HRB Assembly)

Bird325

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Toddy won't give you bad advice or parts! I'm running one of his clutch setups that he PERSONNALLY put together and tuned before shipping it to my tech at PST and was available for questions when they came up. I love the Heritage II clutch and ACR throwout setup that he put together for my Gen II and will recommend him to anyone that asks. He knows his sh*t, trust me.

lxadeuce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
lxadeuce,
Removing the roll pin from the MS is not the proper way to disengage your fluid line, that's the quick release couplers function. I understand this may need to be done so one could remove the T-56 or TR-6060 and properly repair the broken coupler slip clip and remove or service the HRB, but without reinstalling a coupler slip clip this means that every time one needs to service their clutch system you'll need to remove the roll pin from the MS fluid line, not adviseable long term. It could create a potential relaibilty issue somewhere down the line, especially if high mileage or old part..

ok, didn't think about it that way. do you have an extra release coupler?

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Toddy won't give you bad advice or parts! I'm running one of his clutch setups that he PERSONNALLY put together and tuned before shipping it to my tech at PST and was available for questions when they came up. I love the Heritage II clutch and ACR throwout setup that he put together for my Gen II and will recommend him to anyone that asks. He knows his sh*t, trust me.

Bird325,

Thnx for your comments., I had a good time building your clutch kit and working with you and the boyz at PST!

You really need to get a storefront on your website so folks can order.

Chuck,

Websites in the making as we speak, thanks for the input..

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE
Toddy
Sacramento, Ca 95834
(916) 505-9026
[email protected]

Rickman6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you for posting the photos of your clutch products...makes a gear head sweat and have wet dreams at nite..
I would love having one set on my car and one set sitting on my work bench just to drool over....:2tu:

OP
OP
M

Mad Max

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your $1.50 hose part has now turned into a million dollar shiny red / silver upgrade. Did ya get your hose undone???

Yes it is undone. Trans is out and at RPM transmissions. Now I just need to decide which HRB to go with. The OEM setup sure seems to have a long stroke length. I've already changed to the shorter pedal linkage. I guess I'm just used to a '60's style mopar clutch.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rmoore8950