Help me choose between Yellow SRT and Yellow Z06

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ok so your getting some feedback for both cars. And you are on a Viper forum, but Ill go against the grain and tell you the my top 10 reasons why you may not want to get a Viper.

1. If your married or have a girlfriend, you'll probably break up,cause your going to have more girls then ever waving and asking for rides.
2. Your gas bill will quadruple, because you will want to drive it every chance you can, you'll make exucses to go get milk, then turn around and go get eggs somewhere else.
3. You'll always be early getting somewhere but late by the time you get away from your car, because everyone is coming up asking you about it.
4. You'll have no time for other things because you'll love the look so much, that every weekend you may be detailing it and just sitting in the garage looking at it.
5. You will worry more on the road, because everyone comes into your lane as there trying to get a look at your car.
6. You may end up buying rear tires more often if you enjoy kicking the rear out here and there, because it doesnt have those cool gizmos, like traction control.
7. It doesnt have all kinds of cool cupholders , so you cant have a bottle of water, a mocha frap and a redbull all at the same time at your disposal.
8. You may get into an accident during slow speed crusing, because you'll notice all the girls checking you out, and you will be looking ,trying to figure which one your taking home, but please refer to #1 to see the other consequences.
9. You will have everyone trying to race, cause everyone has something to prove when they see you driving a Viper.
10. And last but not least, you may get told you have a small penis.

So Id say just go get the Vette. Its tough work owning a Viper!!!

Finally got it !

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Easy call...Take the Viper!

Viper_004.jpg

Screw you. That is the car I wanted two years ago. For my 08 I will be getting that Paint scheme!!! Awesome car...

bigmike32172

Viper Owner
Reaction score
7. It doesnt have all kinds of cool cupholders

[/QUOTE]

This is the perfect reason why you should invest in one of those hats from the 80's with the cup holders and straws built in. you will definetly get a lot of looks from the chicks driving arond with the top down and that thing on your head! :nana: :eek: :headbang:

bigmike32172

Viper Owner
Reaction score
LMAO! ok on a serious note, the viper is definetly the way to go over the z06. myself owning both cars now, i choose the viper because less people own them, more exotic looking, and i notice you stay glued to the asphalt better when cornering. and thats comming from a guy that has always favored chevy over dodge, and would have never paid $100 bucks for anything that dodge has ever made.
so to sum it up in three words and to put an end to this thread.........
GET THE VIPER!!!

AG98RT10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The first couple of times people pull up beside you to snap photos of your car with their cell phones will settle any lingering doubts as to whether you made the right choice in buying a Viper.

TSR6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The first couple of times people pull up beside you to snap photos of your car with their cell phones will settle any lingering doubts as to whether you made the right choice in buying a Viper.

...or the first time a kid in the backseat of a pickup truck snakes half his body through the sliding rear glass window to take cell phone pictures.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I stopped at an interesction the other day and kid on a bike with his dad came to a screeching halt, jaws dropped, and started fumbling around for his camera. As I started rolling away from the stop sign, I realized he wasn't going to make it, so I stopped in the middle of the interesction and waited for him to get his camera out and take some pics. The dad waved a heartfelt thanks as the cars behind me started honking.

I'm sure those behind me thought I was posing for the cameras, but I was just trying to make the kid's day. You don't get that in a vette.

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd skip both the vette and the srt.Get an 01 or 02(abs brakes).Lower the car,tune shocks,more agressive alignment.Stoptech brakes.Headers,full highflow exhaust,roller rockers,pcm tune, equals better performance or at least as good performance and the very best in looks for less money. GTS Bruce

mad0953

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Before I got my Viper I heard an explanation of the difference between a Vette and a Viper from a friend of mine who is a Viper nut. He said "The Vette is a scalpel and the Viper is a hammer." I think that sums it up pretty well in my humble opinion.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Before I got my Viper I heard an explanation of the difference between a Vette and a Viper from a friend of mine who is a Viper nut. He said "The Vette is a scalpel and the Viper is a hammer." I think that sums it up pretty well in my humble opinion.
I think a Ferarri is more of a scalpel... the Vette is more like an exacto blade: Cheap and sharp enough to cut, but you don't need a doctor's salary to use one regularly. :D

The Viper is not a hammer... it's a sledge hammer! :headbang:

MK2_Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm sure those behind me thought I was posing for the cameras, but I was just trying to make the kid's day. You don't get that in a vette.

OMG Warfang that is so true, the emotional connection to this car is much greater than the Vette. I believe it is because most people can not tell the difference between a regular C6 and a Z06, so in essence the exclusivity is not there. The Viper is more exclusive and has American Muscle menacing style queues....

VipeRicK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is a true story that might help you make up your mind. Three days a go I was going down the main road where I live for a little cruise in my 05 Silver vert. A new red Z06 pulled on to the roadway as I went by. He sped up to catch me and pulled along side just to look at my SRT 10.
He was so intent in looking at my car he ran into the curb on the center island and skinned both his driver side wheels. I really felt sorry for the guy, but I guess that should tell you who gets more LOOKS. I also own a vette and there is just no comparison, go for the VIPER you will never regret it, speed , looks, and a thrill to drive.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
And what is even better is the real numbers for the Coupe are less than 1000 built in 2006, no 2007 - so exclusivity is an even smaller number than normally expected.

268Copperhead

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just read this quote on another web site.

"I own a 2004 corvette convt. It is a nice car and performs well however, I will get a Viper next. Two reasons, number one, I am a convertible man and no other convertible made in the U.S. or anywhere is as fast. Number two, One Viper pulling up in a parking lot gets more attention than a car carrier full of new Z06's on fire in the same parking lot. You Corvette owners know I am right. I am one of you. Not for very much longer though."

It is true. But I love the analogy. I am imagining a bunch of people standing in a parking lot freaking out over 12 vettes on fire. "oh what a shame". "They are (or were) such nice cars".

Then a Viper drives in and everyone forgets about the Vettes.

The Vette (Z06) is a great car. The Viper is just more impactful.

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just read this quote on another web site.

"I own a 2004 corvette convt. It is a nice car and performs well however, I will get a Viper next. Two reasons, number one, I am a convertible man and no other convertible made in the U.S. or anywhere is as fast. Number two, One Viper pulling up in a parking lot gets more attention than a car carrier full of new Z06's on fire in the same parking lot. You Corvette owners know I am right. I am one of you. Not for very much longer though."

It is true. But I love the analogy. I am imagining a bunch of people standing in a parking lot freaking out over 12 vettes on fire. "oh what a shame". "They are (or were) such nice cars".

Then a Viper drives in and everyone forgets about the Vettes.

The Vette (Z06) is a great car. The Viper is just more impactful.

LOL " One Viper pulling up in a parking lot gets more attention than a car carrier full of new Z06's on fire in the same parking lot"

I had to pull a U-turn through a parking lot today and I see this **** getting ready to jump into her mini van. She sees the Viper pulling in so she stops and stands there to get a better look as I come by in the “**** Magnet:)”. I come around and she’s nodding with a big approving smile on her face, and showing off her own assets in a tight skirts, turned for the side angle. I gave her a big wave and a smile with my boyish charm:)
Hey it made my day. I’ve always said “I’ll take a 30 something **** over a 20 something trainee any day”.

2005 Silver SRT/10
2000 Steel Gray GTS (sold)

bigmike32172

Viper Owner
Reaction score
ok so there we have it,
what gets more attention in a parking lot:
1.) a dozen vettes on fire
2.) a viper pulling in
3.) **** in tight clothes

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ok so there we have it,
what gets more attention in a parking lot:
1.) a dozen vettes on fire
2.) a viper pulling in
3.) **** in tight clothes

A Viper pulling away from a dozen Vettes on fire with a **** in my passenger seat. :D

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
but Z06 has more innovative gizmos in it and a little better on the performance. However, one thing that I am not sattisfied with Z06 is that for the kind of money I pay I want to have somewhat exclusivity, but with Z06 looking a lot like C6 I would not get this exclusivity.

You like gizmos. Stick with the Z06. Exclusivity is overrated.

Snk Btn

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Easy call...Take the Viper!

Viper_004.jpg

Screw you. That is the car I wanted two years ago. For my 08 I will be getting that Paint scheme!!! Awesome car...

I definitely get a lot more looks than the Vettes out there. They can't miss seeing the BumbleBee coming down the road!

ASPIRATIONS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I second the BUMBLEBEE!!! :nana: :nana: :nana:

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member