Help! Need to locate a body shop in South NJ!

vipernick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This weekend when I opened the driver's side door to my 98 RT10, I somehow broke the door hinge. I contacted Buhler Dodge as I have used them for all mechanical work and they told me that only a body shop can fix my problem. They referred me to a shop which is about 2 hours from where I live which is in the Cherry Hill, NJ area. Do any of you good people know of a quality body shop in my vicinity?
Thanks for your help!
Nick

OP
OP
V

vipernick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They said they send out all of that type of work to a body shop. In checking previous posts I learned that this is not an atypical problem and that the hinges should be greased regularly. When closing the door there is a terrible crunching sound!

moespeeds

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What was the anme of the body shop in Cherry Hill? Just curious because I live there.

Moe
'02 GTS Yellow/Black

PSilverGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Funny, I live in South Jersey and my '98 GTS has the same problem. I bought the car in December with the door damaged. It's funny that know one ever notices it. You will have to call around different body places and make sure they know how to repair RTM (resin transfer molded)materials. You'll also will need to replace your door hinge if you don't want your door to constantly closing. I still need to do both repairs, but money is a little tight.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I gotta think it isnt too hard to fix. im suprised buhler cant do it.

Yeah Buhler did the same thing to me but think again. It is pretty hard if the hinge is not installed correctly. I went through three until they got it right. Dodge sent over TWO defective versions. I think I still have one in my trunk LOL!