Help. Pond **** broke Sneaky Pete

ViperDave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Like it says, the vandals thought the Sneaky Pete badge on the back of my 97 GTS would look better in their bedroom or something rather than on the back of my Viper :confused: . Unfortunately in the process of finding out it is not a badge, but really the centre stop light and hence a bit harder to get off they managed to do a good job breaking the lens.

I have had a quick look, but how do you get at it to replace it? It looks too far back to access from the trunk and no obvious way to get at it from either the trunk or the outside without dismantling the back half of the car.

Also does anyone know how much I should expect to pay for a replacement light or lens?

Oh and did I mention I am really P***** especially as they had both the badges of my partners Vette as well and made a real mess of her paint with their removal tool of choice.

I’m off to search eBay now for some land mines to protect them in the future. The cars that is, not the **** :D

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your problem. You will have to remove the rear end cover that contains the Sneaky Pete brake light. I can't wait to read one of these stories where an owner actually catches one of these scumballs and beats the $hit out of him. Of course if you are french or from the un you'll probably just want to pass a resolution.

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ViperDave,
When you get your land mines, find that pond **** and put one of them in their pocket because that CHMSL [center high mount stop lamp] lists for $329.00 :eek: #4763042.

To get to it: Remove the screws holding license plate lamp closure panel to the tail lamp closure panel.
2:Separate the license plate lamp closure panel from the vehicle.
3:Through the license plate lamp opening in the tail lamp closure panel, disengage the CHMSL wire connector from the body wiring harness.
4:Through the license plate lamp opening,remove the metal clip holding the CHMSL to the tail lamp closure panel by pushing clip downward with fingers. 5:Separate the CHMSL from the vehicle.

OP
OP
V

ViperDave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:eek: indeed that isn’t a cheap snake on the back there, must be the Sneaky Pete print is done from platinum. There was me thinking the badges for the corvette were a bit steep at $50 a set :rolleyes: . Thanks for the info Chuck. Fortunately the only saving grace of the toe rags was they left behind the broken bit which was in one piece. I had super glued it back in place as a temporary measure but that now looks like it might become more permanent. It’s not perfect and shows if you look closely, but I don’t think it will bug me $329 worth for the time being.

Devildog. I’m British so no worries about needing a resolution here (ok, so we would like one but it’s not going to stop us if we don’t get it) but we are a bit too close to those French for comfort.

Never mind the land mines I’m off to the gulf now to go find me one of Sadam’s WMD’s, the next bugger that comes near our cars with less than good intentions is going to know about it :D

luc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Devildog,

What have the French and the UN to do with ViperDave story?
You start sounding like an old broken record.
This site is about Vipers,I'm getting tired of reading your political views ,don't you have anything better to do?
Luc
00GTS
03SRT

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ViperDave, thats very bad luck, at $329 in the US you can at least double that if you try and order it a UK Chrylser dealership, I've found out nearly everything regarding the viper costs twice here, where abouts are you ?

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
Devildog,

What have the French and the UN to do with ViperDave story?
You start sounding like an old broken record.
This site is about Vipers,I'm getting tired of reading your political views ,don't you have anything better to do?
Luc
00GTS
03SRT

What's the matter luc you french or just one of those stupid CA liberals that listens to hollywood movie stars? Don't like my views then don't read them and better yet keep your opinions to yourself and don't respond. I don't like reading your views either. Go hug a tree. :D

luc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Devildog,
I don't give a sh&t about your political views,my point is that they don't belong on this board,and calling peoples stupid only because they may disagree with you only go to show that your brain is in need of a tune-up.

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
If you have the right to say you disagree with me then I can say I disagree with you. You liberals and french think you can disagree with what we did in Iraq, then be proven wrong and think there is no consequence. Wrong, you were proven to be stupid. You don't like that then tuff. I just happen to now be listening to Brad Sherman's stupid CA liberal democrat rhetoric at the Greenspan hearings today...what an idiot! Liberals no longer run the country...finally thank God.

OP
OP
V

ViperDave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Please Guys no fighting on my first thread. We fortunately live in the free bit of the world, which means we can pretty much say what we want. Doesn’t make it right or mean others have to agree or listen. Personally I think I some way invited the comment by talking about land mining around my car, then validated it by my views on the French, but then us British have been having our products boycotted by them for ages :mad: . Yep this is a viper forum but people bring to it themselves not just their Viper, otherwise it would be a pretty boring place. But that also brings baggage and requires tolerance in others.

We all have a common interest here love of a viper and hate of the **** that vandalises them. Lets turn on the latter, not each other.

OP
OP
V

ViperDave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ViperDave, thats very bad luck, at $329 in the US you can at least double that if you try and order it a UK Chrylser dealership, I've found out nearly everything regarding the viper costs twice here, where abouts are you ?

Yeah, tend to find most things just have the $ replaced by a £, except gas when they swap the gallon for a litre as well.

I was thinking of picking up the bit when I am out there next time, but at that price I think I will just stick with the one I have stuck back together and get a new one if I get visited again or it starts really bugging me. It doesn’t show too bad unless you look closely at it, I’ve just brought the car as well so the cash flow isn’t as good as it could be at the moment.

PS we live in the Surrey/Hants area.

OP
OP
V

ViperDave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you park it outside?

Unfortunately at the moment yes. That was part of the annoying thing about it; we had spent all Easter in the garden building a shed to move the junk taking up all the garage space into. Two more weeks and the cars would have been safely tucked up in the garage.

Reminds me of one of the lines in the “Only in America” joke I heard a while back.

Only in America do you fill the garage with junk and then leave a $40,000 car on the drive.

Applies just as much in the UK and is not so funny now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte