HELP!!!!!!!!! Re: Day Time Running Lights!!!

604SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I recently bought a 2003 Viper SRT10 which I found on this site..this is the coolest car I've ever owned!! My problem is I bought this car in the US but I live in Canada, I need to get the day time running lights going so I can pass the Canadian Federal Inspection, I called a couple of the local dealers out here and haven't really got a straight answer on what needs to be done...so if anyone on here knows how to do this please let me know, so I can get my beast ready to cruise cause I got the itch!!!!

bcmamba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The owners manual on p.76 says that the dealership can some how enable the daytime lights... mine came from the states but my dealer to care of it before shipping!!! What local dealers have you taken it to?

good luck

OP
OP

604SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went into Jim Pattison Chrysler aka Freeway Chrysler..I didn't take it there just spoke to one of the guys at the counter he seemed like a donut..didn't want my $$$ I guess

Wayne Finch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't remember if the '03 cars are programmable by the dealer. If not, you can buy a running light module from Canadian Tire or other parts suppliers. Prices range from $50-100.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes you can program it (or I should say your dealer). I have mine programmed in Canadian mode.

OP
OP

604SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys thanks for the input, found something in the manual that says you can take the US car to the dealer to inable the daytime running lights...Thanks to everyone who responded it's greatly appreciated!! :)

YellowViperSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've asked this before, but any way possible at all to have the xenon headlights as the daytime running lights like most european cars?

OP
OP

604SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just wanted to thank everyone that responded to my post, got the daytime running lights going today, took all of fifteen minutes!!! Thanks for all the input greatly appreciated!!!!!!!:)