Help! Softop flew off and ruined windshield frame.

Hirohawa

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Softop on my RT/10 flew off and has completely stripped the pin holders on the frame of the windshield. Dodge quoted me over $3000 to fix this in a radical procedure that requires welding off the windshiled frame. No way am I cutting my Snake.

Is there any shops, in the NY area, that can fix the pin holders on the frame? Or anybody else experience this, and have had it fixed?

Thanks

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine is damaged on the drivers side. Took it in to my local autobody/paint shop to look at it. He said that the frame was some sort of composit plastic and that he could repair it. I have not scheduled the repair yet. But try taking it to the best autobody shop near you and ask them if the could fix it. I was quoted under $ 500.00 for mine. But on mine the cam lock is still anchored in the frame.

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was told that you could get the pin holders from Dodge. Mine are riveted in. Drill out the old. Install the new ones. Call Chuck Tator 914-763-3136

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
stevenAy,
I have gotten the "Cam-lock" plates and screws in the past for other customers, but I have to call the Factory to get them. If you want me to this for you? You'll have to call me and give me you VIN# and Info.
BURNOUT.gif

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chucky's top ('98) stayed on at 150mph during closed track testing last weekend. I stayed back a healthy distance, sure that it would part company at any moment and hit me, but it never happened. Amazing.

My '93 would begin to separate from the header above the rearview mirror at about 110. I'd have to drive with the left hand (or knee) and hold the top down with one hand - two hands in the rain.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang