Help / Suggestions for Wheel Spots?

Jon-Mike

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A few weeks ago, I came back to my car after a few hours and a sprinkler system had come on nearby. Fortunately, the bulk of the "damage" was water spots on the rims. I thought they would just come off in the next wash, but they are not seeming to come off that easily.

Just wanted to know if has any tips or advice - I am hesitant to really scrub them and cause scratches. Techniques / cleaners? THANKS!

pdmracing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
try lacquer thinner & then wash thouroughly & repolish, I have used on my painted 97 with good result, also works on my bbs polished rims. I havent tried on chrome, the thinner is very powerful so be careful.

luc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Best product to remove water spots is white vinegar.

Use it full strengh on a rag and let it soak for few minutes on top of the water spots.

Luc.00GTS

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A clay bar might work.
dunno.gif
I would try that first.

Later

CAP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by [email protected]:
try lacquer thinner
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

NO, NO, NO. Laquer thinner will ruin the clear coat. (I know.)

EDIT: McGuire's Cleaner Wax is advertised as "will not harm clear coat" and cleans things like road tar very well. Not as good with water spots. I like the vinegar suggestion.

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
AAAAHH! No, don't use the thinner. I know I have used it to remove overspray on paint that is well cured(8 year old factory paint.) Definately try white vinegar first, it works well on glass water spots too. If the vinegar does not remove the spots, try Blue Coral Scratch Remover. It comes in a tube, is not abrasive, and really works well.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbone96